Laptop reboots after root device uuid is .......

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

amokk

amokk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:OS X, Android

Thank you, it worked (I'm talking about System.kext)!

By the way the first number I tried (1) for IntelAzulFB worked just fine. But still cannot set Clover up for the same seamless UEFI boot (sigh).

amokk

amokk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Finally I managed to boot with UEFI-Clover. One should to use correct values for his/her Intel Graphics card. They are here: http://www.insanelym...ig-platform-id/

What I mean is if you booted with IntelAzulFB=1 option, then look for that "1" value and use its id - 0000060c.

But, that id should be flipped before using it with Clover this way: 0c060000.

Here we go with correct code for Asus N550Jv:

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x0с060000</string>
    </dict>

Unstoppable

Unstoppable

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Nice. I was trying to patch the injection in DSDT.

However, I can't even get it to work using Chameleon or Clover. Well, with Chameleon it works sometimes.

Probably my install is messed up, because of the all the screwing around xD So hopefully a clean reinstall will fix things.

amokk

amokk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Yes I know this kind of situation. Frankly speaking I do have a lot of OS X related files messed up over my Windoze D:\ partition :)

In fact currently running OS X installation is the third one. Moreover, one USB stick just died during the process of making one more bootable drive with ML 10.8.5. Losses, haha.

I think I can help you with your quest. I will pm you a link to my EFI folder.

Tberdy

Tberdy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Oh you're not lucky :-( 

Thank you for your little guide : I'm installing 10.8.4 with Chameleon and the installer UI is not laggy like with Clover (boot argument I think) 

Can you PM me the link to yout EFI folder too, please ? Chameleon is good but Clover is better for Graphics :-)

Tberdy

Tberdy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Does anyone success  to get Lan working ? I tried with the RTL81xx kext which work on my second laptop but it doesn't work :-(

Tberdy

Tberdy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Replied ! :-)

amokk

amokk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi there!
Managed to run Mavericks on my machine and gonna share some info with you guys.
1) USB stick must be created with the use of BaseSystem.dmg + Packages + patched kernel. Link to kernel: http://www.osx86.net...pic-fix-kernel/
2) After that it is necessary to install Clover (UEFI-only) on your USB drive. Then replace Clover's EFI folder with mine (https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing). It comprises correct config (w/o SMBIOS, set it yourself as you like) and kexts for N550JV.
My config uses Kernel=mac_kernel boot option, so you have to either rename the patched kernel or delete this option.
And don't forget to copy downloaded (and renamed, right?) mach_kernel to the root of your fresh installation.
As for SMBIOS section, I recommend the use of MacBookAir6,1/2 data. Official 10.9 build #13A603 from MAS  knows nothing about new MacBookPro11,1/2/3 which profile is actually more suitable for N550JV and it breaks the installation process (but installed system runs fine btw).

UPD:
This information is is obsolete now.
there are more effecive ways to run Mavericks on some Haswell machines.
First, you may try flashing modified BIOS patched with pmpatch tool which is easy-to-find here on insanelymac forum.
Second, one may use the following keys in Clover:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
   <key>KernelPm</key>
   <true/>
</dict>
I suggest to close the topic as the solution has been found.

jhorie

jhorie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Hi there!
Managed to run Mavericks on my machine and gonna share some info with you guys.
1) USB stick must be created with the use of BaseSystem.dmg + Packages + patched kernel. Link to kernel: http://www.osx86.net...pic-fix-kernel/
2) After that it is necessary to install Clover (UEFI-only) on your USB drive. Then replace Clover's EFI folder with mine (https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing). It comprises correct config (w/o SMBIOS, set it yourself as you like) and kexts for N550JV.
My config uses Kernel=mac_kernel boot option, so you have to either rename the patched kernel or delete this option.
And don't forget to copy downloaded (and renamed, right?) mach_kernel to the root of your fresh installation.
As for SMBIOS section, I recommend the use of MacBookAir6,1/2 data. Official 10.9 build #13A603 from MAS  knows nothing about new MacBookPro11,1/2/3 which profile is actually more suitable for N550JV and it breaks the installation process (but installed system runs fine btw).

UPD:
This information is is obsolete now.
there are more effecive ways to run Mavericks on some Haswell machines.
First, you may try flashing modified BIOS patched with pmpatch tool which is easy-to-find here on insanelymac forum.
Second, one may use the following keys in Clover:
<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
<dict>
   <key>KernelPm</key>
   <true/>
</dict>
I suggest to close the topic as the solution has been found.

Could you share your EFI folder one more time??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy