• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

If anyone knows how to enable AGPM on GTX660 (non-Ti) please reply. The old standby Info.plist edit no longer works under Mavericks.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

UPDATE: I have discovered that Sleep/Wake is not working well at all. Sometimes it wakes, other times it just sits there like a lump of dough (machine wakes, screen doesn't). This is a serious issue, combined with no working AGPM for my GTX 660, I may have to downgrade back to 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.

:(

NOTE: This info was originally for a 10.8.5 install, which WAS 100% working. Now just need to discover if there is an EASY way of downgrading.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

UPDATE: Found out that darkwake=10 can solve the issue. If this doesn't work, I may try without darkwake altogether.

It may also be the AppleHPET.kext, so may try without that as a test if the above does not work.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Nope, sleep only ever works ONCE, and even then, the monitor may or may not wake up :(

I'll just use it without sleep, on a random basis.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

UPDATE: Fully updated to latest 10.9.2 and all software + security update installed and updated. Working perfectly except sleep and AGPM.

I now have an HP XW6600 Workstation, and Shutdown, Restart and Sleep/Wake all work perfectly. I need to find a working ethernet kext that doesn't panic the computer in 64bit mode tho.

Strangely enough, the networking seemed to work on the first boot?!

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

More info...

dy8ee8L.jpg

NOTE: Still not 100% dues to no sleep/wake and no graphics card power management...  :(

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Sleep is now working... tested for 2 days, perfect. Using edited DSDT and USBBusFix=Yes.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

It appears I do not need the edited DSDT file at all, just USBBusFix. It couldn't have been THAT EASY???

PS. AGPM working too, as long as I don't use OpenGL (getting stuck at default full speed - non-turbo)

UDKQhkq.jpg

wtiUK1h.jpg

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

UPDATE:

OS upgraded to 10.9.4 -- NVIDIA Web driver upgrade and CUDA upgrades installed. nvda_drv=1 kernel flag.

It looks like Sleep is working perfectly, and restart/shutdown times have been cut down drastically (not due to the OS upgrade). Shutdown used to take about 10 seconds, and restart took 20 seconds, leading me to shutdown and then hit the start button instead of using Restart !!!

Now, restart takes about 5 seconds, and shutdown is about the same - it varies with restart tho. Sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes up to 10 seconds, but a drastic improvement over previous times.

I have native IntelCPUPowerManagement with a patched UEFI BIOS.

It appears that AGPM has not stuck on full speed since updating NVIDIA/CUDA drivers and switching to iMac 12,2 SMBIOS. This is without any kext edits whatsoever!

This is the CLOSEST I have ever got to a perfectly functioning Hackintosh... perfectly functioning = real Mac. The only issues I have is really poor performance in latest Dolphin emulator... doesn't crank graphics to full speed. Audio crackling. I might try some older builds and see if they work better. The creators are working to fix Dolphin :)

I had some audio dropout issues (needed to manually unload/reload AppleHDA.kext and kill coreaudiod) recently, but they seem to have disappeared since upgrading to 10.9.3 and repatching using MultBST.

So to summarise:

QI/CE/QE working perfectly with GTX660 2GB

Full AICPUPM - Core-i5 2500 -> 1.6GHz to 3.7GHz turbo

Full AGPM - 324/650MHz to 1112/6100MHz Turbo

CUDA - 1260 GFlops

iCloud/App Store/iTunes Store all working

Ethernet - Perfect

Sound - Patched AppleHDA ALC892 working well via Digital Optical Out.

SATA2/3 - Intel ICH6 SATA detected, working perfectly.

Monitor Colour Calibration - Working

USB2.0/3.0 working fine and across sleep

Restart/Shutdown - fine, and faster now.

UseKernelCache=Yes working - good startup times (Only works for certain SMBIOS.plist combinations)

Chimera 3.0.x bootloader successfully dual-booting Mac OS X and Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

PS. I'm not sure that I even require DSDT, only edits were DTGP, EHCI Ownership Fix and IRQ Fix. Also, it compiled with many errors, so dunno whether I should be using it. I would love to add a working HDEF section, and HDAU section to get sound working without HDAEnabler1.kext, and also edit PCI0/PEG to allow NVIDIDA HDMI audio.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

UPDATE: Now using iMac 13,2 SMBIOS. AGPM hasn't got stuck yet. No other noticeable difference. The AGPM frequencies seem a bit different, but full speed and turbo are correct. (GTX660).

rootbot

rootbot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Nice job. I have the same mainboard, and Im planning to install Mavericks. Do you plan to do a guide, or what do you recommend me to follow?

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Let me know when you are ready, and I'll help you out. I used MyH*ck to create the boot USB, and then spent nearly a year getting everything working the way I wanted.

I'll gladly provide my compressed Extra folder, along with necessary kexts (for native AppleHDA audio, and networking etc.)

Let me know when you are ready.

PS. My mainboard has no video, I assume yours is the same, so you will need a supported graphics card, preferably NVIDIA.

I have upgraded to 10.9.4. See my previous post above, edited to show some new items. NVIDIA Web Drivers updated, CUDA updated (but still showing it needs an update?).

Chimera updated to 3.0.x

Fast reboot/shutdowns are back to slow again :(

Everything else is going fine.

PS. Not using NVIDIA drivers at the moment due to getting sick of seeing the CUDA prefs panel every startup :)

rootbot

rootbot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks!!

Now I am reading about the process to beginning the install. Any questions i'll post here.

For your information, my system configuration has:

- Mobo: p67a-gd55b3

-CPU: i5 2500

-Graphics: GTX560ti

-Ram: 4GB ddr3

-HDD: 500gb SATA 3

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Nice setup you have there. You could do with some more RAM tho.

I look forward to your questions.

PS. I have switched back to iMac13,2 SMBIOS.plist -- no different than before, but the kernel cache rebuilds properly again, and reboots/shutdowns are twice as fast (slow) as before  :)

scootz

scootz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

@macmeister, would you be able to post your DSDT and other files you had to modify to get your system up and working nicely? Not sure if it will be compatible.  My motherboard, according to CPU-Z shows as Z68a-GD65 (B3)  /MS-7681.

scootz

scootz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for the quick reply/msg tmemacmeister!  Didn't want to make the forum users think that you left me high and dry. :)  I hope to get this working for myself.  Maybe I'll post the modifications I did to get things to work right once its completed.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

I am hoping there is similar hardware in there, but probably different ALC audio and chipset is almost certainly newer...

Anyways, I'm here for you if you need help. I just completed my Core i3 Acer Apire 4752, and it is sweet (like a low-end 14.1" MacBook Pro). It is actually almost identical to the MBP 8,1.

I got HDMI audio and VGA-out working last night, so nearly complete :-)

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Final update... some kind soul made this available for ALC892 HDMI Audio support... http://www.4shared.c...MIAudio-10.html

Now I have the perfect DSDT-FREE Hackintosh... All working...

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Don't know whether it was the HDMI Audio kext, but got a lot of black screens/grey screens recently.

I have reverted back to Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS and reset nvram.

Seems to be working again. I do not use HDMI audio at all, so I will remove this kext and see if stability improves.

themacmeister

themacmeister

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

I have no idea how this happened, but I reset BIOS after a failed overclock attempt, and native AICPM was kernel panic on startup. I needed to REPATCH a clean BIOS, and I am now back to full vanilla AICPM - full turbo modes and no need for NullCPUPM kext.

I have updated to 10.9.5, and continue to use M*Beas* ALC892 audio fix, along with most of the other kexts. I am now using vanilla AppleACPIPlatform with no ill effects whatsoever... so more vanilla than ever before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy