P67A-GD55(B3) - 100% 10.9.5

themacmeister

70 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

OS upgraded to 10.9.4 -- NVIDIA Web driver upgrade and CUDA upgrades installed. nvda_drv=1 kernel flag.

It looks like Sleep is working perfectly, and restart/shutdown times have been cut down drastically (not due to the OS upgrade). Shutdown used to take about 10 seconds, and restart took 20 seconds, leading me to shutdown and then hit the start button instead of using Restart !!!

Now, restart takes about 5 seconds, and shutdown is about the same - it varies with restart tho. Sometimes 5 seconds, sometimes up to 10 seconds, but a drastic improvement over previous times.

I have native IntelCPUPowerManagement with a patched UEFI BIOS.

It appears that AGPM has not stuck on full speed since updating NVIDIA/CUDA drivers and switching to iMac 12,2 SMBIOS. This is without any kext edits whatsoever!

This is the CLOSEST I have ever got to a perfectly functioning Hackintosh... perfectly functioning = real Mac. The only issues I have is really poor performance in latest Dolphin emulator... doesn't crank graphics to full speed. Audio crackling. I might try some older builds and see if they work better. The creators are working to fix Dolphin :)

I had some audio dropout issues (needed to manually unload/reload AppleHDA.kext and kill coreaudiod) recently, but they seem to have disappeared since upgrading to 10.9.3 and repatching using MultBST.

So to summarise:

QI/CE/QE working perfectly with GTX660 2GB

Full AICPUPM - Core-i5 2500 -> 1.6GHz to 3.7GHz turbo

Full AGPM - 324/650MHz to 1112/6100MHz Turbo

CUDA - 1260 GFlops

iCloud/App Store/iTunes Store all working

Ethernet - Perfect

Sound - Patched AppleHDA ALC892 working well via Digital Optical Out.

SATA2/3 - Intel ICH6 SATA detected, working perfectly.

Monitor Colour Calibration - Working

USB2.0/3.0 working fine and across sleep

Restart/Shutdown - fine, and faster now.

UseKernelCache=Yes working - good startup times (Only works for certain SMBIOS.plist combinations)

Chimera 3.0.x bootloader successfully dual-booting Mac OS X and Win7 Ultimate 64bit.

PS. I'm not sure that I even require DSDT, only edits were DTGP, EHCI Ownership Fix and IRQ Fix. Also, it compiled with many errors, so dunno whether I should be using it. I would love to add a working HDEF section, and HDAU section to get sound working without HDAEnabler1.kext, and also edit PCI0/PEG to allow NVIDIDA HDMI audio.

• 1 month later...

Let me know when you are ready, and I'll help you out. I used MyH*ck to create the boot USB, and then spent nearly a year getting everything working the way I wanted.

I'll gladly provide my compressed Extra folder, along with necessary kexts (for native AppleHDA audio, and networking etc.)

Let me know when you are ready.

PS. My mainboard has no video, I assume yours is the same, so you will need a supported graphics card, preferably NVIDIA.

I have upgraded to 10.9.4. See my previous post above, edited to show some new items. NVIDIA Web Drivers updated, CUDA updated (but still showing it needs an update?).

Chimera updated to 3.0.x

Fast reboot/shutdowns are back to slow again :(

Everything else is going fine.

PS. Not using NVIDIA drivers at the moment due to getting sick of seeing the CUDA prefs panel every startup :)

• Like 1

Thanks!!

Now I am reading about the process to beginning the install. Any questions i'll post here.

For your information, my system configuration has:

- Mobo: p67a-gd55b3

-CPU: i5 2500

-Graphics: GTX560ti

-Ram: 4GB ddr3

-HDD: 500gb SATA 3

Nice setup you have there. You could do with some more RAM tho.

I look forward to your questions.

PS. I have switched back to iMac13,2 SMBIOS.plist -- no different than before, but the kernel cache rebuilds properly again, and reboots/shutdowns are twice as fast (slow) as before  :)

• 1 month later...

@macmeister, would you be able to post your DSDT and other files you had to modify to get your system up and working nicely? Not sure if it will be compatible.  My motherboard, according to CPU-Z shows as Z68a-GD65 (B3)  /MS-7681.

Thanks for the quick reply/msg tmemacmeister!  Didn't want to make the forum users think that you left me high and dry. :)  I hope to get this working for myself.  Maybe I'll post the modifications I did to get things to work right once its completed.

I am hoping there is similar hardware in there, but probably different ALC audio and chipset is almost certainly newer...

Anyways, I'm here for you if you need help. I just completed my Core i3 Acer Apire 4752, and it is sweet (like a low-end 14.1" MacBook Pro). It is actually almost identical to the MBP 8,1.

I got HDMI audio and VGA-out working last night, so nearly complete :-)

Don't know whether it was the HDMI Audio kext, but got a lot of black screens/grey screens recently.

I have reverted back to Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS and reset nvram.

Seems to be working again. I do not use HDMI audio at all, so I will remove this kext and see if stability improves.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea how this happened, but I reset BIOS after a failed overclock attempt, and native AICPM was kernel panic on startup. I needed to REPATCH a clean BIOS, and I am now back to full vanilla AICPM - full turbo modes and no need for NullCPUPM kext.

I have updated to 10.9.5, and continue to use M*Beas* ALC892 audio fix, along with most of the other kexts. I am now using vanilla AppleACPIPlatform with no ill effects whatsoever... so more vanilla than ever before.

Still having serious black-screen after wake issues. I can sleep/wake for hours, but then one time at random, it will go black screen, and there is nothing I can do but force restart.

I do not put the computer to sleep now (same with my laptop) due to issues on wake. I have solved most of them (sound/usb etc etc) but the video one, and sound on my ALC269 laptop, continue to annoy me.

If I do not use SLEEP at all, then both my Hackintoshes work 100% with no issues whatsoever.

If anyone knows a good DSDT patch to fix sleep/video issues, please respond.

I doubt that is true, I am using extra kexts, kernel flags etc. on Mac OS X startup. My created/extracted DSDT (from Chameleon Wizard?) bears no resemblance to any others I have edited...

I will try from Linux later tonight, see if it looks any better. Thanks for the help.

I extracted the DSDT using DCPI Editor, and it looks identical to the old one. I wanted to do the graphics injection that RampageDev has on his blog, but everything is in the wrong place, and named differently. I will just stick with not using Sleep, and I will be fine, everything will continue to work perfectly, just using a lot more power...

• 2 months later...

I discovered how to do a perfect DSDT dump from live Linux USB.

I also upgraded to a Core-i7 2600k.  I have already tested overclock to 4.5GHz, and using custom SSDT from TonyMac site, benchmarked nearly 17,000 in GeekBench 2.0. A pretty darn big improvement on my ~10,000 benchmark with my Core-i5 2500. Anyways, temps were a tad too high under load (approaching 90), with my new H60, but that was still too high in my estimation, so went back to stock speeds (30c idle, 50c load) which is WELL within limits. I might try a permanent 4.1/4.2 overclock in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy oh Boy!!!

Is the 2600k VASTLY different to 2500 !!

Even with perfect SSDT, video does NOT WORK with previous settings.

To get it to work, you must use GenerateCStates=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes and DropSSDT (DropSSDT would lock up the 2500)

Then you can get back to work :-)