M-Audio Delta with Logic Pro

wocketpatch

2 posts in this topic

I've seen around the web that a number of people have had good luck getting the Delta 1010 to work with Logic on their hackintoshes.  I'm putting one together at the moment, and since my bandmate owns Logic Pro, I'm eager to give it a shot.  I messed with it one time and really liked it -- actually pretty similar to Cubase which is what I'm used to.

Anyway, what I have is three daisy chained Delta cards -- two Delta 44s and a Delta 66.  This gives me a total of 14 channels (12 that I use the inserts on my mixer for as preamps, and two that come in via a stereo preamp I have into the SPDIF on the 66).. 

This works great on Win, the Delta control panel shows all three devices and I can map them all in Cubase.

For the most part this works like a Delta 1010, but I wonder if anybody has tried chaining the smaller Delta cards on a hackintosh and/or in Logic..  It'll be a couple weeks to source the parts, just wondering what to expect in the meantime and if I should even bother putting all those PCI cards in this machine.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I realize this is old but Im replying anyway lol. I believe this is a driver issue and and how many PCI slots your motherboard has. I think the driver that you can find a link for here allows 10 or 12 channels if I remember right.

It works with Logic I have used it for years. I have the delta 1010 and the 44 but in separate computers

Good luck