BadRequest

16 posts in this topic

Hi!

I finally got osx running on my ultrabook  :D

i3-3217U 1.80GHz

6GB Ram

Intel HD4000

Working:

Atheros AR8161 Ethernet (Working with ALXEthernet.kex)

Intel HD4000 (Working with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "HD4K-ig=3"

Via VT1802P (Sorta working with "VoodooHDA VT1708S.kext)

PS2 Keyboard and Trackpad (Sorta working with some PS2 kext i found but fn keys don't work and no multitouch support.. Trying to find something better, possibly Voodoo PS2 kext)

Not working:

Atheros AR9485WB-EG WiFi (Waiting for Broadcom card in mail)

Touch Screen (maXTouch Digitizer (8807) Talking with some guy at Touch-Base) Looks promising though.

Can't adjust screen brightness. I have no idea where to start with fixing that.

Hope this helps some people out :)

The Ultrabook was ridiculously cheep and works great so defiantly recommend it.

Would also love it if anyone has any fixes or drivers that i overlooked  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have the X202E which is pretty similar and I must say it runs OS X pretty well. For the touchpad and keyboard I use this driver: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/ there are instructions on how to configure the gestures there, I have the fn key mode set to mode 1, and I have 4-finger swipe to switch spaces, 3 finger swipe up for mission control, 1 finger swipe from right side for notification center, and three finger swipe l/r for back/forward. I am using the "demo" version of the Touchbase touchscreen driver, it has to be calibrated but after that it works fine. In demo mode you have to go into the settings and switch the click mode to something else and then switch it back after 100 touches (i think it's 100). I used PMpatch to patch the BIOS (DON'T FLASH IT THROUGH EZ-FLASH THOUGH! Do the patch through windows) and I have native AICPM working with 5 p-states from 800-1800 mhz. I also have AppleGraphicsPowerManagement working by replacing anything that says GFX0 with IGP in the DSDT. I have sleep and lid sleep working too. Here is my current DSDT if you want to take a look at the patches I've done: http://d-h.st/Xja I'm still working on getting audio working properly, right now VoodoHDA is working fine though. BTW if you want to use the atheros card, you just have to change something in the info.plist in the kext. Open /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirportAtheros40.kext/Contents/info.plist, pci168c,2a needs to be changed to pci168c,2b I believe.

EDIT: I'm using Clover bootloader btw.

• 1 month later...

I'm running 10.9 now, everything seems to be working fine. I had to update to the latest fakesmc and genericusbxhci, and add -gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle to the kernel flags to get the USB ports to work. Still no f keys, but I do have function keys working.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I just picked up this computer for work/personal use. I currently have the windows 8.1 installed but would like to dual boot with osx. I tried to install this weekend but ran into many problems. I have a usb keyboard/mouse to get around the startup issues there. I was able to install however I couldnt boot without -x. I have tried the codes here such as graphicsenabler=no etc... I am hope one of you with the exact laptop as me can give me a quick run down of what you did and used. I have read alot and have made a hackintosh once before, although it was a custom build with seperate parts. I really like the form factor of this machine and think it would be great to run them both on it. I have also picked up a usb wireless adapter to get that working as well. Just looking for the best setup with the most functionability. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I finally got osx running on my ultrabook  :D

i3-3217U 1.80GHz

6GB Ram

Intel HD4000

Working:

Atheros AR8161 Ethernet (Working with ALXEthernet.kex)

Intel HD4000 (Working with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and "HD4K-ig=3"

Via VT1802P (Sorta working with "VoodooHDA VT1708S.kext)

PS2 Keyboard and Trackpad (Sorta working with some PS2 kext i found but fn keys don't work and no multitouch support.. Trying to find something better, possibly Voodoo PS2 kext)

Not working:

Atheros AR9485WB-EG WiFi (Waiting for Broadcom card in mail)

Touch Screen (maXTouch Digitizer (8807) Talking with some guy at Touch-Base) Looks promising though.

Can't adjust screen brightness. I have no idea where to start with fixing that.

Hope this helps some people out :)

The Ultrabook was ridiculously cheep and works great so defiantly recommend it.

Would also love it if anyone has any fixes or drivers that i overlooked  :)

Can you post the procedure, kexts used, clover folder with config.plist

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Erm hello to anybody that has an asus vivobook s200e i have one and it is really hard to get osx on it, i have successfully got osx on it but the operating system is very slow and laggy can somebody help with that please ??????

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...