Help needed with ALC889 and ML please

Best Answer braincrush, 02 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

thanks a lot for all the help mate , apparently i am an ass , dont know how i checked it before but i went on msi website again and rechecked it and i have VIA® VT1708S on my board .... the search continues, thanks again and sorry i bothered you.

UPDATE:

And after days of struggle and few reinstalls my ML finally roared ! :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

braincrush

braincrush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Hi , i have some experience with OSX (older versions) unfortunately i was using a Mac at the time and never had a reason to dig deeper into the system , i have recently installed iAtkos ML2 on my desktop pc , everything went surprisingly well apart from the onboard sound (ALC889) i have looked for a tutorial on how to activate it but all i've found was way too bloak magic for me , e.g. http://www.insanelym...udio-injection/ i would realy like to keep the system though , of course its bit pointless without the sound, could somebody please explain how to do it in simple steps ?

I would be extremely grateful.

ps. i dont have DSDT.

thanks

Seb

tagebebe

tagebebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This will work:

Place AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext in System/Library/Extensions (overwrite old AppleHDA.kext)

When done run Kext Utility and reboot. Then it works!

tagebebe

PS. files attached :-)

Attached Files

braincrush

braincrush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Thanks ! I will try that tonight :)

braincrush

braincrush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

did it but no luck , still no devices on output ist :(

do i need to edit any of the files ? or should it work of the bat ?

tagebebe

tagebebe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have alc889 myself, and I got sound with those 2 kexts without changing them. I have attached another AppleHDA.kext... Try this still with HDAEnabler1.kext and remember to run kextutillity, when kexts are placed in the earlier mentioned directory...

Attached Files

braincrush

braincrush

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Best Answer

thanks a lot for all the help mate , apparently i am an ass , dont know how i checked it before but i went on msi website again and rechecked it and i have VIA® VT1708S on my board .... the search continues, thanks again and sorry i bothered you.

UPDATE:

And after days of struggle and few reinstalls my ML finally roared ! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy