I have run into some trouble while trying to run Mac OS X 10.8.2 on my computer and I would greatly appreciate any help.
I did the following:
1) Set BIOS settings to AHCI, enabled USB mouse and keyboard.
2) Downloaded iAtkos ML2 (Mountain Lion, version 10.8.2), iAtkos bootloader and AnV's AMD kernel.
3) Formatted USB disk to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) on a MacBook Pro.
4) Used Carbon Copy Cloner to copy the .dmg files to the USB.
5) Copied AnV's AMD kernel on the USB and installed the bootloader package on the USB.
6) Booted the USB and ran it using "amd_kernel -v" as a boot flag.
7) Used Disk Utility during the installation to format the HDD to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
8) Used the default package from iAtkos, without any additional options.
9) At the end of the installation I got an error how it cannot start up from my HDD, but I was led to believe that was a normal error.
10) I rebooted, with the USB still in the computer, and selected my HDD at the boot screen.
This is where I run into a problem, as it keeps restarting no matter what I do, it just won't load the installed OSX. I used all kind of bootflags, -x, -f, -F, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, etc. but with no luck.
Maybe there is a problem because it cannot load the necessary AMD kernel, but I have no idea how to bootflag it, since it is still on the USB and it cannot find it by using just "amd_kernel". It restarts so quickly I don't have time to read anything on the screen.
During the installation I have selected the default iAtkos package (without any additional option), amongst which was some kind of a "Kernel patch". Since I didn't use the iAtkos kernel, maybe it is interfering? Unfortunately, I don't have my computer near me, so I will try that and any other advice as soon as I can.
My system is as following:
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 4850 HD
500 GB Seagate HDD
I can post the in-depth SiSoftware Sandra data and any other info if needed.
Thank you very much!