Nvidia GT240 HDMI video out

2 posts in this topic

I've finally got just about everything working on my computer.

I finally got Clover booting, sound, and accelerated graphics.

The only problem I now have is not being able to use my HDMI port.

At first if I had my HDTV plugged into my HDMI port, when booting, the screen would go black.

Unplugging it gave output to my CRT monitor, which I also had plugged into my VGA port.

I've searched the Internet for days looking for something.

I editied my NVCAP in the Clover config.plist.

I got the NVCAP from my GT240 (recognized as a GT215) BIOS.

I can now boot OS X with my HDTV plugged into my HDMI port, but no video is outputted.

VoodooHDA also doesn't recognize any HDMI audio ouput.

I can use my HDTV in my DVI port, using a DVI to HDMI convertor, and I can have dual screens.

I edited Clover's config.plist to have 3 video ports.

It's mainly me wondering if this can be fixed, or just stick with things the way they are?

It'd be nice to not have to switch my HDTV from HDMI to DVI, and also have HDMI audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

I have an Intel DX79TO installed with GT220/GT240/GTX575, 10.8.3. Basically Installed from old mac install and GraphicsEnabler=Y. Was extremely simple, no effort. Same card in a Giga MB and Intel DP55KG, also same process. So it would seem your install process is the one affecting compatibility.

HDMI + VGA port works. Be careful which port to use since one the HDMI port shares the same port with the dvi/vga port. Or, just have the HDMI port connected when booting and it should work. YOU CANNOT HAVE 3 ACTIVE VIDEO PORTS, only two. Need one of those extremely expensive Fermi cards that actually have 2 GPUs.

Sound with HDMI, I used VoodoHDA 2.6 i think. Sound Panel will have several Digital Out, use the second one.

Regards.