32 replies to this topic

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh, Gaming, Mechanical Engineering and so on :P

P.P.P.S.: Another option you could try before opening your laptop (if you're crazy enough do open your laptop: i'd never do that) is trying to edit the ATI7000Controller.kext to inject your card: you copy the kext to the desktop, right click it and choose show package contents, open Info.plist with TextEdit.app and type in the string under the IOPCIPrimaryMatch the following: 0x99901002.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x99901002 0x26001002 0x22001002 0x67901002 0x67981002 0x679A1002 0x679E1002 0x67801002 0x68201002 0x68211002 0x68251002 0x68271002 0x682D1002 0x682F1002 0x68391002 0x683B1002 0x683D1002 0x683F1002 0x68001002 0x68061002 0x68081002 0x68181002</string>

Copy the AMDAccelerator.kext to the desktop and do the same, under AMDVerdeGraphicsAccelerator (which is incorrect for your card, it should be Thames or Lombok - unfortunately the plist doesn't have these options :()

Put back both kexts in System/Library/Extensions.

Then you open DiskUtility.app and chose repair disk permissions. Cross fingers and reboot.

Trying now..

EDIT2: Can't I put both? so it Possibly recognizes both?

EDIT3: YES IT DOES HAVE LOMBOK!!

https://www.dropbox....04 16.56.11.jpg

ANDDD on that string IT has the 0x94801002 already there :P

Edited by pmmc, 04 April 2013 - 03:57 PM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,028 posts
No: the other isn't an authentic 7xxx, but a rebranded 6xxx instead.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

No: the other isn't an authentic 7xxx, but a rebranded 6xxx instead.

Should I try anyways? Imagine it works? xD

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,028 posts
No, and if you do it, you simply nullify what you're doing now for the 7520. :)

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

No, and if you do it, you simply nullify what you're doing now for the 7520. :)

If it is a rebranded 6xxx..shouldnt I put it on the ATI6000?

On boot it identified an ATI but nothing happened.. (It showed the correct id: 0x99901002 --related to what you said, and now Ive added it to the ATI6000 and the same thing appeared.

And the Hardware method you gave me wont work..it would only make a diference in windows..and I dont even have windows in the laptop anymore XP

Edited by pmmc, 04 April 2013 - 04:39 PM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,028 posts
The 0x99901002 is a 7xxx series card, Lombok probably ---> this is your integrated card, the 7520G!

The 0x68401002 is a rebranded 6xxx series card --> this is your discrete card, the 7670M, which is the one you should use!

Your task is to disable the first, the 7520G, to use the second, the 7670M. Your problem is your BIOS won't let you. So plan B is to create a working kext for the first, the 7520G, because the second is already being recognized, so is the first not being recognized that is preventing QE/CI to work.

The hardware method could work if you can connect the monitor wires/cables to the discrete card - the 7670M! - since they probably come connected to the integrated card - the 7520G. The problem is to locate the correct cables and being actually able to connect to the 7670M. The result would be black screen until the system boots to the desktop, when the 6xxx kext would theoretically kick in and make your computer alive again. That's why i asked you to connect an external monitor to the VGA/HDMI output: they probably belong to the second card, not the first. But wh knows? Perhaps it wouldn't work anyway because crossfire is enable in BIOS by default and you can disable. If it's the case, there's no hope at all until you find a way to mod your BIOS.

All the best!

P.S.: if you're not shy, try to unlock your own BIOS: http://www.tempusfug...nsyde_easy.html

P.S.: since it's a inside H2O, did you try pressing F10 and soon afterwards pressing "A" (won't work if you set up a BIOS password, but i know you didn't set it up, because using a BIOS password is amongst the stupidest things someone can do with his/her computer, hehe).

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

The 0x99901002 is a 7xxx series card, Lombok probably ---> this is your integrated card, the 7520G!

The 0x68401002 is a rebranded 6xxx series card --> this is your discrete card, the 7670M, which is the one you should use!

Your task is to disable the first, the 7520G, to use the second, the 7670M. Your problem is your BIOS won't let you. So plan B is to create a working kext for the first, the 7520G, because the second is already being recognized, so is the first not being recognized that is preventing QE/CI to work.

The hardware method could work if you can connect the monitor wires/cables to the discrete card - the 7670M! - since they probably come connected to the integrated card - the 7520G. The problem is to locate the correct cables and being actually able to connect to the 7670M. The result would be black screen until the system boots to the desktop, when the 6xxx kext would theoretically kick in and make your computer alive again. That's why i asked you to connect an external monitor to the VGA/HDMI output: they probably belong to the second card, not the first. But wh knows? Perhaps it wouldn't work anyway because crossfire is enable in BIOS by default and you can disable. If it's the case, there's no hope at all until you find a way to mod your BIOS.

All the best!

P.S.: if you're not shy, try to unlock your own BIOS: http://www.tempusfug...nsyde_easy.html

P.S.: since it's a inside H2O, did you try pressing F10 and soon afterwards pressing "A" (won't work if you set up a BIOS password, but i know you didn't set it up, because using a BIOS password is amongst the stupidest things someone can do with his/her computer, hehe).

Will try that later ;)

And I didnt knew about that "A" option :P will try it later as soon as I finish installing Windows on it ;b

EDIT: The "A" thing didnt do anything.. and that method doesnt work..going to try my luck at another forum..

Edited by pmmc, 05 April 2013 - 06:55 PM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 3,028 posts
Good luck! Please let us know if you succeeded.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Good luck! Please let us know if you succeeded.

Isnt there any kext that disables one Graphics card? bahh..

EDIT: FOUND SOMETHING THAT COULD DO THE JOB..but needs "modding" : http://gfx.io/

Cuz it didnt work at first :/

EDIT2: Modding this Bios is out of the list..Impossibru! xD will brick the mobo ..they are RSA Signed.

EDIT3: Acoording to this: http://www.notebookc...0G.71728.0.html it is also an HD 6900 series..is that good news ? :P

Edited by pmmc, 06 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
I am now at endless testing for making the onboard work.. :)

Napalm_pt

Napalm_pt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I want to choose a graphics card that works great with ML and does not take too much effort to configure, in the price range of 80-90EUR what can I get, preferably ATI...
It's for a Z77 mobo with i5-3570k.

Thanks

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I want to choose a graphics card that works great with ML and does not take too much effort to configure, in the price range of 80-90EUR what can I get, preferably ATI...
It's for a Z77 mobo with i5-3570k.

Thanks

OFF TOPIC.. .--

pmmc

pmmc

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Is there a way to convert the drivers in ubuntu to mac? :S http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=2105778

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy