Buying From the apple refurbished store

12 posts in this topic

I have seen a refurbished imac core duo, 17" 1.83ghz, 512 ram 128mb radeon x1600 graphics.

Now i have a few questions before i go ahead:

1.Will this machine play WoW? (in OS X, id like to minamilize Windows Use)

2.Will this machine, obviously from the refurbished store, come with a keyboard and mighty mouse?

3.How will this machine preform, will it be good enough for the iLife apps, and medium gaming?

4.Can anyone reccomend me of any good software to put on my machine like that program that turns everything back to aqua?

5.Will this run aperture, iWork, Final Cut Express well?

6.Will this machine get old fast?

7.How will this fare with leopard?

8.Will this machine have any cosmetic damage?

Thanks.

i think that machine woul dbe fine for what you want it for -

many last generation g4's are slower than that and will still handle leopard ilife, iwork and more.

you may want to max out thr RAM for Final cut though.

a keyboard and mouse WILL be included

cosmetic damage will be minimal - i have 2 machines and 2 ipods i purchased from the refurb store, and if it didn't have a sticker on it, i wouldn't know

not sure about changing to aqua though - Candybar?/

1.Will this machine play WoW? (in OS X, id like to minamilize Windows Use)

Sure it will

2.Will this machine, obviously from the refurbished store, come with a keyboard and mighty mouse?

Sure it will

3.How will this machine preform, will it be good enough for the iLife apps, and medium gaming?

Sure it will

4.Can anyone reccomend me of any good software to put on my machine like that program that turns everything back to aqua?

You can install the Application Enhancer Framework and then add on the "Unifier" APE (I hope it's universal)

5.Will this run aperture, iWork, Final Cut Express well?

Sure it will

6.Will this machine get old fast?

You'll get at least five Mac OS's out of it before you need to replace it.

7.How will this fare with leopard?

Just fine.

8.Will this machine have any cosmetic damage?

It could, but the damage is minimal (maybe one or two small scratches).

Alot of people think refurb = used like on ebay or from a friend down the street. Refurb is remanufactured to be like it was when it was new. Sometimes, refurbs are better than new cause they are worked on my the factory again and have to meet certain guidlines before being sold.

To the questions "will it include XXX?", it is like a new one. Enjoy.

EDIT: See the pic I attached. Click on the more info on the refurb and see about. See the What's In The Box? :gun:

post-21301-1159386201_thumb.jpg

im not worrying about it, its just that its a xmas present for somebody

it will probably come in a different box than if it was new, my mini had something like "apple recertified product" on it. i wouldn't worry about it too much though, the fact that you just bought someone a computer (and an awsome one at that) it enough. they'll probably be too busy frantically opening the box to notice the fine print. and if they don't want it, then you can always send it to me :D