I've got a 10.8.2 iAtkos install on my Hackintosh at the moment.
- 8GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600Mhz RAM @1.5V
- 3570K CPU @ standard clocks
- GIGABYTE Z77-D3H motherboard @ F14 bios (F18 has usb problems, F14 works better)
- Intel HD 4000 intergrated graphics (currently what I'm using - not happy with performance)
- Saphire 6950 2GB Dual Fan edition on standard firmware. No unlocked shaders or anything, completely stock.
I'm not happy with it though, because at the moment it won't even boot unless I take out my dedicated GPU (the 6950). Once I do that it works fine, but it's annoying having to open my case every time I wanna switch between OSX and Windows.
So my question is - how can I use my 6950 with OSX ML? Or at least not have to unplug my GPU each time I boot OSX
I've heard that the 6950 does work with ML, but only on genuine macs and not hacktintoshes. On random forums and blogs people are claiming they've got their working - but never explained how. I've been trying to get all the info I can but it's all jumbled and different people are saying different things.
Does anybody have anything definitive they can tell me about if/how I can get my card working with OSX?