Firewire problems when certain PCIe card is added

E-Chris

2 posts in this topic

I've discoverd that if I have a RED Rocket PCIe card in my system it causes my firewire 400 port to have problems (it works, but not very well). I'm trying to use my firewire 400 port to monitor audio out a MBox but it won't work as long as I have the RED Rocket PCIe card in the system.

It doesn't matter what slot that card is in, and I've tried both Firewire 400 outputs, as long as that card is there it screws up the audio.

Everything works fine if I boot it into windows, but doesn't when in OSX.

Is this a DSDT problem? A driver problem? I'm not sure really where to start to diagnose and fix this problem and would love any help or advice I can get.

Thanks

Almost definitely a DSDT issue. Some memory regions move around depending on installed PCI cards, with the card installed your /Extra/DSDT.aml no longer matches reality.

The same thing just happened to me yesterday, Mountain Lion would not boot at all with my new USB PCI-E card installed unless booting with DSDT=none. I re-patched a fresh DSDT just like the old one and now it works.

So this is my recommendation; with the RED Rocket installed, re-extract your DSDT on Windows or Linux, then repatch it.