Reboot stuck on apple logo

Gamz

18 posts in this topic

Hi, I restored Mountain Lion on a larger hdd, i got the boot0 error and i fixed it but, it stuck to the apple logo screen at start up now.

Here is a picture of the boot with -v The only way to boot in mac os, is in safe mode or -f

post-998153-0-30490700-1357860390_thumb.jpg

If I understood you right, it does boot to desktop with "-v UseKernelCache=NO npci=0x2000"? Or must you have -x included to boot? If it's possible to boot without including -x, then should be kernel cache issue and you can rebuild it in terminal using "sudo touch System/Library/Extensions" but you should repair file permissions first. If it will only boot when -x is included, issue is with a "optional" kext such as graphics acceleration. In this case, also try a permission repair first and then see if you can boot with only "-v UseKernelCache=NO npci=0x2000". If you have multiple monitors or can try other video outputs, check them all for possible image showing on wrong output.

it boot well with "-v UseKernelCache=NO npci=0x2000"

Then issue is with your kernel cache, make sure it's rebuilding properly when done via terminal by watching console.app for any errors. Were you using Extra/Extensions/ folder at all? If so that is other possible problem.