Searching for paint can

polkaholga

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I have a laser cutted backplate which i'd like to give the finish of the G5 case.

I know that this http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-KSCS032-Aerosol-3-Ounce-Chrome/dp/B000GLHVQ4 would be the perfect match,

only problem is that nobodys delivering to Germany caused by security restrictions via air mail.

Could someone provide any link where i could by this can in Germany or anywhere else in Europe.

Google was my friend but i didn't have any luck so far !!

any hint is highly appreciated, thanks... :)

polkaholga - I think your best bet would be to take your G5 panel to a car shop/paint supply shop and ask if someone can help you match it. I was the one who linked to the Krylon paint on my G5 Resource thread and I found it quite by accident. You should be able to find something, and although Deutschland is a little more expensive, you may even find a car shop who will paint it for you! Viel gluck!

I've thought about that as a last option, actually i'd like to finish the whole mod by myself.

There are some shops in the UK selling Krylon paint cans, unfortunately only camouflage

paint, Looks like military people use them a lot.for their gear.

Anyway i'm still hoping to find it....

can I remove scratches from my Apple PowerMac G5 with this paint ?

KingOssy, not really. It is a close match in terms of tone, but it will not mix perfectly with the case's anodization. The only way to really get rid of scratches is to fill, sand and re-anodize/paint.