X86PlatformPlugin not loading

rr7

66 posts in this topic

Okay! Thank you so very much!

Going to do the following tests now:

1) Only GenerateIvyStates=Yes, MacMini6,1: booting from UEFI, Clover rev. 1287, no more than two states, 16 and 34. :(

2) Use a SSDT generated by Pike's script with your ACPI settings, MacMini6,1; same as before. O_o

3) Same as 1), but your modded iMac13,1; same as before, no changes: that's really heartbreaking...

4) Same as 2), modded iMac13,1. well, also didn't work.

Going to update this post with the results, or will stop when achieving success and post here.

All the best!

UPDATE: Oh! Checking your link, i know why it's not working: rev1208 or later needed!

Well, time to learn how to update Clover.

All the best!

P.S.: corrected: 13,2 was a typo!

Unfortunately, none of the methods worked for me, and without proper PM, my performance takes a huge toll (from about 11.100 to less than 10.500 in Geekbench, that's quite a loss).

Going to boot with Chameleon after a long long time...

All the best!

UPDATE: with Chameleon - don't know which revision - power management is working:

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.06.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.07.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.07.57 AM.png

And the best news:

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.13.07 AM.png

It's less than usual, but i had spotlight indexing going on and Safari open with 2 tabs, so i think my system's performance is back to normal.

Unfortunately i'll have to use Chameleon for now, until i find out what's wrong with my Clover settings.

All the best, and thank you again, fau7i: you were awesomely helpful!

P.S.: yes, absolutely back to normal :D:

Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 4.18.07 AM.png

• Like 1

Hi, fau7i!

I ended up not testing the vanilla profile, but i appear to have solved the lack of power management with Clover UEFI: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/page__st__1340#entry1907932

All the best!

Have fun, anyway I'm afraid that my modded profile will make your system goes crazy although it's fine here so far. I guess you know what I meant :)

• Like 1

@theconnactic:

I can't tell much about the Clover state generator. I only used the ssdtPRGen script and I can tell you that it works fine. I'm sure Clover's does too with the right settings, which might not be easy to figure out in the start.

It seems to me that you solved your issue with a correct SSDT table and not with UEFI Clover.

• Like 1

@theconnactic:

It seems to me that you solved your issue with a correct SSDT table and not with UEFI Clover.

Kenny, what you said is true for Chameleon, thanks to RevoGirl and Pike and their script. But with Clover, i simply haven't been able to load any custom SSDT, so i had to generate it using Clover's config.plist. The problem is, Clover's built-in PM tools are kinda buggy with Ivy Bridge - for instance, GenerateIvyStates doesn't work for me, and for others, the way it's described - so i had to adapt a workaround by xpamamadeus, as you can see in the link i posted. Yet, the workaround doesn't perform as good as the custom SSDT (giving me five p-states instead of seven), so i have to find a way of it to be loaded by Clover.

All the best!

Have fun, anyway I'm afraid that my modded profile will make your system goes crazy although it's fine here so far. I guess you know what I meant :)

Up to now, it's being all joy! ;)

Sorry if I missed that info but did you check Clover's log if your custom SSDT is loaded and if yes, what content your SSDT table got in the ioreg?

For what should i look for in IOReg? I typed "SSDT" in the search field and it returned nothing...

Currently I'm not at the Mac and cannot give you any detailed instructions. The property name is "ACPI Tables" and it is somewhere at the top of the ioreg tree. There you will find your DSDT, all SSDTs and the rest of the ACPI tables.

If you can't find it, you can attach a dump. Maybe I can find something useful later.

• Like 1

Silly me, i found it where i first searched it for.

In fact, there are two, SSDT and SSDT-1 (i'm not with any custom SSDT loaded, using the ones Clover generated for me with the said messy workaround).

I cannot tell anything from both of them, since both are displayed as an array of hex numbers.

All the best!

Usually you should have more SSDT tables. You should not drop them, as neither the state generator nor the script conflict with them.

You can copy&paste the hex code into 0xED for instance and save it as an .asl file, which in turn can be disassembled by the usual tools.

• Like 1

Usually you should have more SSDT tables. You should not drop them, as neither the state generator nor the script conflict with them.

You can copy&paste the hex code into 0xED for instance and save it as an .asl file, which in turn can be disassembled by the usual tools.

Downloaded 0xED, it does't appear to have the option to save in .asl: i saved manually (added the extension), but DSDT Editor doesn't appear to be able to open the resulting file. Going to try with HexFiend and report back.

I stopped when i failed to create an asl file from the three hex editors i have. Done a stress test, recommended by kyndder, using my current configuration (xpamamadeus' workaround + Clover UEFI, no custom SSDT) and got another P-state at the bottom: multiplier 12.

I'll be out for a couple of hours or so - working! When i come back, i'll attack the SSDT issue again. Thank you very much for the help, k3nny! Much appreciated!

All the best!

You're welcome. Just attach your ioreg or the ACPI Table part of it. I will take a look - probably later because I'm going to sleep soon.

Hi, k3nny!

Sorry not to have answered before: i focused myself on researching about my issue, and this topic took a dive as long as the days passed. Thank you very much for the offer: much appreciated indeed! I end up solving it myself, first with a workaround by xpamamadeus (as i told you here in the topic), then by updating to the latest Clover iteration, following his tip, and using a now working GenerateIvyStates=Yes flag. Both solutions were incomplete: only five true p-states and a useless one in the bottom (12 with the workaround and 15 with the flag), but i found out by a lucky shot that the latest and greatest Clover can load my custom SSDT from /EFI/ACPI/Patched, so now it's all joy:

Screen Shot 2013-04-20 at 2.28.19 AM.png

As you can notice, the CPU performance improved a lot. :)

All the best!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i want to know how to fix this power management or what ever the other guy was talkin bout concerning my low geekbench scores.

I see theres cpu thing in clover for Pstates, cstates ect. I have no idea what any of this means and im very very confused on what to do to get higher scores....

another forum

"Macmini6,1 uses i5 processor and Macmini6,2 uses i7. Unfortunately, ##### 5.2.1/macmini6,1 is actually the 6,2 smbios.plist (bug reported). No error is reported with ./ssdtPRGen.sh i5-3770K and macmini6,2. When a macmini6,1 smbios.plist is avialable, run the script again and no error will be reported. The important point is the SSDT_PR.dsl is the same in both cases and delivers the same performance with either System Definition."

I use MacMini6,2 witch this guy says its for i7. what do i need to do???

sdtPRGen.sh v6.1 Copyright © 2013 by Pike R. Alpha

----------------------------------------------------------------

Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)

Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a Macmini6,2 [Mac-F65AE981FFA204ED]

Ivy Bridge Core i5-3570K processor [0x0604] setup

With a maximum TDP of 77 Watt, as specified by Intel

Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 3400 MHz)

Number of Turbo States: 4 (3500-3800 MHz)

Number of P-States: 23 (1600-3800 MHz)

Injected C-States for CPU0 (C1,C3,C6)

Injected C-States for CPU1 (C1,C2,C3)

Warning: Model identifier [Macmini6,2] is missing from: /S*/L*/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist

Warning: 'cpu-type' may be set improperly (0x0604 instead of 0x0704)

IASL not found. Downloading iasl...

Password:

You need to know that insanelymac does not support this particular forum.

You should familiarize yourself with the additional software and patched you installed. Anyway, if you use the Clover boot loader, you can simply use the GenerateIvyStates option.

Otherwise generate an SSDT table for your processor with ssdtPRGen and use it with a boot loader of your choice.