3 replies to this topic

P1X3

P1X3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So I have got couple of questions.

Is the install process of Mac OS the same on all machines? The installation process on my system takes around 15 minutes.
I tried creating an image of fresh installation and then recovering it to a different computer.
The recovery process (from SSD to SSD) took about 3 minutes and from there I was able to install bootloader and basic kext.

SO to the questions. Does mac os installation process install exactly the same files/configuration on many different systems?
Am I safe to install MAC OS using restore from image process?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
So...what you're asking is basically "Can I use a Mac OS system that was restored from a disk image?"

Yes. Mac OS is not like Windows, where the files are system-dependent. You can restore a disk image of a system from Mac to Mac without a hitch. If it is hack-to-hack, after restoring the image reinstall Chameleon and replace the hackintosh kexts (if any) with the ones you need for your new machine.

P1X3

P1X3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

So...what you're asking is basically "Can I use a Mac OS system that was restored from a disk image?"

Yes. Mac OS is not like Windows, where the files are system-dependent. You can restore a disk image of a system from Mac to Mac without a hitch. If it is hack-to-hack, after restoring the image reinstall Chameleon and replace the hackintosh kexts (if any) with the ones you need for your new machine.

Yup, that pretty much what I was asking.

One more thing. Can I later on modify the image with, lets say, bootloader, kext files and etc. Eventually having an easy way to reinstall Mac OS that has all functionality?

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 588 posts
Yes u can do that.
U can use software one of the software for same puprose.
Super duper and Carbon Copy Cloner have nice features for that.

1. http://www.shirt-poc...escription.html
2.http://www.bombich.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy