[Q]Restoring Mac OS Installation from the image

P1X3

4 posts in this topic

So I have got couple of questions.

Is the install process of Mac OS the same on all machines? The installation process on my system takes around 15 minutes.

I tried creating an image of fresh installation and then recovering it to a different computer.

The recovery process (from SSD to SSD) took about 3 minutes and from there I was able to install bootloader and basic kext.

SO to the questions. Does mac os installation process install exactly the same files/configuration on many different systems?

Am I safe to install MAC OS using restore from image process?

So...what you're asking is basically "Can I use a Mac OS system that was restored from a disk image?"

Yes. Mac OS is not like Windows, where the files are system-dependent. You can restore a disk image of a system from Mac to Mac without a hitch. If it is hack-to-hack, after restoring the image reinstall Chameleon and replace the hackintosh kexts (if any) with the ones you need for your new machine.

So...what you're asking is basically "Can I use a Mac OS system that was restored from a disk image?"

Yes. Mac OS is not like Windows, where the files are system-dependent. You can restore a disk image of a system from Mac to Mac without a hitch. If it is hack-to-hack, after restoring the image reinstall Chameleon and replace the hackintosh kexts (if any) with the ones you need for your new machine.

Yup, that pretty much what I was asking.

One more thing. Can I later on modify the image with, lets say, bootloader, kext files and etc. Eventually having an easy way to reinstall Mac OS that has all functionality?