• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KingOssy

KingOssy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I already search the whole google but i dont found a good newbie tutorial how to completely disassemble a PowerMac G5 or Mac Pro case. :wallbash:
If someone of you know a good tutorial so please post it here. :whistle:
I got a Apple Power Mac G5 which works but the case is only bent. :(
So I search a way to fix it again.

:thanks_speechbubble:

Attached Files

bearsworth

bearsworth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
which part are you having trouble with? For me the hardest part was removing the liquid cooler of a monster and the top tray.

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
If you go to the sub forum mods and overclocking you'll find what people have done to get their G5 in the condition they wanted to. Not everyone has the same requirements or desires so that is a great place to look for ideas as well. If you are just looking to take everything (and I mean everything) out, look here and here.

hope that helps!

KingOssy

KingOssy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
yeah that helps for first but have any a idea how to fix the case?

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
hummmm... perhaps after you have completely taken it apart down to its individual components, you can bend that back using your weight? I have had success bending thick aluminum before just by using my own strength, or amplifying it with a lever or gravity. I think the best thing that you can do for starters, is to tear it completely apart and make sure there isn't structural damage (like a screw that has popped thru a mount or something). That will also assist you in determining what, if any tools or methods you'll need to get the bottom piece back to where it should be.

and if all else fails, when its stripped down, take some pictures, post them here and ask for ideas!

WhatTheTech

WhatTheTech

Macmodder Addict

• Retired
  • 454 posts

I already search the whole google but i dont found a good newbie tutorial how to completely disassemble a PowerMac G5 or Mac Pro case. :wallbash:
If someone of you know a good tutorial so please post it here. :whistle:
I got a Apple Power Mac G5 which works but the case is only bent. :(
So I search a way to fix it again.

Kingossy - my powermac G5 resource thread has everything you need including multiple tear-down guide with images: http://www.whatthete...ials/g5modding/

KingOssy

KingOssy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
thanks whatthetech

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Apple, Power Mac G5, Mac Pro, Case, bent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy