Enabling QE/CI on SVE1711X1EB

PokeHerOne

46 posts in this topic

75 1 0xffffff7f8165e000 0x72000 0x72000 com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (8.1.0) <65 10 9 7 5 4 3 1>

76 0 0xffffff7f816d0000 0x1e7000 0x1e7000 com.apple.kext.AMD6000Controller (8.1.0) <75 65 10 9 5 4 3 1>

80 0 0xffffff7f81d8c000 0x3b8000 0x3b8000 com.apple.AMDRadeonAccelerator (1.0.6) <73 67 65 10 7 5 4 3 1>

same card, i did some modifications, in agpm and boot, but what i can see is that we dont have the framebuffer loaded.

for me, the aty_init does make any change. mine load the ati6000 because this card is listed on it. i can put in both or erase from the ati6000 and insert in ati7000 without any change.

if i boot with ge=y the gpu apears and some info pops up, but it loads the same things. but at least something diferent happens.

sorry for post some info from my gpu. im here to test and help as much as possible.

cheers.

the lack of vram and output monitors is because of the framebuffer who doesnt load?

post-564601-0-75300900-1357337995_thumb.png

again, sorry if im causing any trouble.

i have the latest enoch here with no changes. when i boot with ge=y the info of the ati shows up in the start of the boot info.

Which options do you have in bios for gfx output? You have written, that you have the HD4000 on board. If this is active and you have in bios no option for only descrete gfx, your 7650m will not work. Perhaps a bios mod can make this possible.

Have fun.

yes. i need a bios mod. but i never needed before. where can i get some? thanks.

At first you should look at your dsdt, it there is the verb "descrete" or "dedicated". If one of these verbs are not in your dsdt, I think it is not possible, to mod your bios for this option. If one of this verbs is there, the option might only be hidden and can be unlocked. You have to "google" for a mod of your bios or ask at the usual places for it.

But installing a moded bios is a little bit risky. It can brick your laptop and make it unusable. It something goes wrong and there is no way to reinstall an original bios at booting up your device without entering the bios, you have to send it back to factory for repair at your own costs. Risky is it especially, if the mod is not yet confirmed working.

Have fun.

Which options do you have in bios for gfx output? You have written, that you have the HD4000 on board. If this is active and you have in bios no option for only descrete gfx, your 7650m will not work. Perhaps a bios mod can make this possible.

Have fun.

I already have a modded bios and have already tried a couple of things. I have the option 'Primary Graphics Display' which contains the items 'AUTO (Default), IGFX, PEG & PCI' I have tried all options (This is where I proved that IGFX has no video output as you suspected!). I also have the option to switch the integrated graphics device to either 'Auto (Default), Enabled & Disabled' I have tried setting this to disabled, unfortunately, no good.

I have tried the latest enoch boot loader but it broke my build, I got a 'Boot: Error' error message and haven't had time to investigate it yet.

Thanks all

I already have a modded bios and have already tried a couple of things. I have the option 'Primary Graphics Display' which contains the items 'AUTO (Default), IGFX, PEG & PCI' I have tried all options (This is where I proved that IGFX has no video output as you suspected!). I also have the option to switch the integrated graphics device to either 'Auto (Default), Enabled & Disabled' I have tried setting this to disabled, unfortunately, no good.

I have tried the latest enoch boot loader but it broke my build, I got a 'Boot: Error' error message and haven't had time to investigate it yet.

Thanks all

Hello PokeHerOne!

My post #33 was the answer to post #32 of mendietinha.

Concerning your issues I have read in one of your posts, that your vramsize does not show up with correct value. Have you injected the vram size in your DSDT? I think, correct size is important for framebuffer loading.

Could look like this:

“VRAM,totalsize”,

Buffer (0×04)

{

0×00, 0×00, 0×00, 0×20

},

512MB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20

1GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40

1,5GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x60

2GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80

Have fun.

Hello PokeHerOne!

My post #33 was the answer to post #32 of mendietinha.

Concerning your issues I have read in one of your posts, that your vramsize does not show up with correct value. Have you injected the vram size in your DSDT? I think, correct size is important for framebuffer loading.

Could look like this:

“VRAM,totalsize”,

Buffer (0×04)

{

0×00, 0×00, 0×00, 0×20

},

512MB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x20

1GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x40

1,5GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x60

2GB

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x80

Have fun.

Cool, I added in the VRAM,totalsize segment and my display does pick it up as 2048mb! But, AMDFrameBuffer kext still doesn't load and still no QE/CI :( but it is still progress! Thanks.

I have tried a few framebuffers and a few of the things that I tried earlier in the post again (but not all).

mendietinha, if you add in the VRAM,totalsize segment as Styrian suggests above, you'll need to change the package declaration from (0x10) to (0x12) otherwise you will get a compilation error as the package size has now changed.

Slowly but surely, we'll get there :moil:

Cool, I added in the VRAM,totalsize segment and my display does pick it up as 2048mb! But, AMDFrameBuffer kext still doesn't load and still no QE/CI :( but it is still progress! Thanks.

I have tried a few framebuffers and a few of the things that I tried earlier in the post again (but not all).

mendietinha, if you add in the VRAM,totalsize segment as Styrian suggests above, you'll need to change the package declaration from (0x10) to (0x12) otherwise you will get a compilation error as the package size has now changed.

Slowly but surely, we'll get there :moil:

You can still let the package declaration empyt, IASL does it for you.

Have fun.

Hello PokeHerOne!

I have read infos that the 7650m is based on the same chip as 6650m. Try to add your device ID in infoplists for ATI 6000 series and use framebuffer of this series.

Have fun.

Hey thanks man. I tried that last night but I have just read the last part of your post again, I didn't try 6000 series framebuffers! Will do that tonight.

One thing I am slightly confused with. Before starting this thread, I thought my device Id should be 0x6841, that is what was displayed in system info prior to dabling with any of this. But after researching online and from iFires DSDT injection suggestion, it seems that my device Id should be 0x683F. I have tried searching for the official correct one, but as no one seems to have got the 7650m working yet, I'm not sure which to use, I obviously try both when trying things out but do you know which one I should use for sure?

In ATI6000Controller.kext already present in the plist was 0x6841 and in ATI7000Controller.kext, already present was 0x683F.

• 2 weeks later...

iFIRE can you please insert this card into my dsdt too? i try to use his dsdt as base, but i wasnt able.

Hey man, try this. This is where he put mine. Mine does get picked up but the FrameBuffer isn't loading.

Let me know how you get on

Poke, you are in 10.8.3 ?

I've just tried upgrading to build 12D54 too but still no luck :(

DSDT_Mendietinha.aml.zip

• 1 month later...

Poke, were you ever able to get QE/CI working on your hackbook? I just picked up a Vaio SVE1712BCXB which has the 7550m http://www.docs.sony...12BCXB_mksp.pdf and trying to decide if I should keep it or not. If you were unable to get your 7650m working under 10.8.3 with the new kexts, that doesn't give me much confidence. I can't imagine using a system with 7mb of vram can be much fun :)

Edited by passmaster16

Hi mate, I'm afraid not. I haven't spent any time on this in a while, I am waiting for the public release of 10.8.3 but it seems to be taking forever

7mb vram is pretty awful but it's usable if you just want to browse the web and general use etc.

• 5 months later...