OS X 10.8.3 all Builds !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,808 posts

Don't get me wrong though. ML is faster than SL on both my computers (Hack and Mac), and I truly love it.

Same here, and i can compare both on the same machine (core i5 3570K). On my AMD rig, even Lion outperforms SL in most tasks, and THE 10.7.5 version is almost as enjoyable as ML (but AMD is not the correct lab for comparisons, i suppose).

But i should agree with boot time/shutdown complaints: ML takes double the time of SL to get to the desktop, and SL shuts down instantly in a blue flash, both in my AMD and my Intel rigs, while ML painfully stays for a while in that farewell white screen.

Best regards!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,808 posts
P.S.: The difference between performance between Mountain Lion and Snow Leopard, running on the same machine, appears to be dramatic, if we're to believe Geekbench: 10.8.3 scores around 11.100, while 10.6.8 scores about 10.500 (i5 3570K, GA-H77-DS3H), On the other hand, i learned that it scores higher with 10.6.8 in Rosetta mode (about 4.600) than my Athlon II x2 hack with any OSX iteration (maximum of 4.500).

Edited by theconnactic, 01 March 2013 - 09:31 PM.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,879 posts
"

10.8.3 scores around 11.100, while 10.6.8 scores about 10.500

Only 600 points diff is really small for base of 11000!

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,808 posts
I don't think 5% is small when comparing systems, where any performance gain is widely advertised as a huge victory. Remember: i use the very same hardware to compare both of them. That, as i see, proves that the much spoken statement of Snow Leopard being the best performing of Apple's systems as a huge myth, in the same class of Windows XP nostalgia and anti-unity f.u.d. (not that i care that much to Linux).

Edited by theconnactic, 02 March 2013 - 08:17 PM.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
I've always considered SL to be a great OS not because it's faster (which it shouldn't be) but because it "just works". Very few bugs or crashes and almost always behaves as expected.

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,685 posts
SL is a very mature OS whether in terms of stability or optimizations

and speaking of SL, we have an article on it

http://www.insanelym...-than-lion-r985

ML is faster but more like as a mixture of two technologies

I don't know how Apple would proceed in the future but over time, the future OS will lose everything that makes them such a good OS

with SL, Apple stopped to the version 10.6.8, with Lion to the 10.7.5 and with ML, most likely the 10.8.3 could be the last (or maybe the 10.8.4), given the endless number of betas, before presenting 10.9

I think Apple should take the time with an OS, refine it to its maximum, not just lay another one each year and pretender that is an innovation and that is what a user needs

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,808 posts

SL is a very mature OS whether in terms of stability or optimizations

I think Apple should take the time with an OS, refine it to its maximum

Agreed.

given the endless number of betas, before presenting 10.9

If all that betas translates to a more stable and polished system, it really doesn't bother me. Hope, for the sake of all AMD 7xxx users, this will end up in a reliable support for them.

Best regards!

fantomas1

fantomas1

InsanelyMacaholic

• Supervisors
  • 2,685 posts

If all that betas translates to a more stable and polished system, it really doesn't bother me. Hope, for the sake of all AMD 7xxx users, this will end up in a reliable support for them.

until now we have not seen much (I talk about something more stable and polished)

for all the AMD 7xxx users, I think it needs to wait OS X 10.9 for a better compatibility (maybe)

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,950 posts
I think we will see 10.8.4 and .5 to end it with a few supplemental updates in-between.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
10.9 Snowy Mountain Cat:
Attached File  images-4.jpeg   5.4KB   46 downloadsAttached File  SnowCat.jpg   12.27KB   35 downloadsAttached File  cat.jpg   5.62KB   24 downloadsAttached File  SnowKit.jpg   7.71KB   25 downloads

xpamamadeus

xpamamadeus

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 577 posts

10.9 Snowy Mountain Cat:
Attached File  images-4.jpeg   5.4KB   46 downloadsAttached File  SnowCat.jpg   12.27KB   35 downloadsAttached File  cat.jpg   5.62KB   24 downloadsAttached File  SnowKit.jpg   7.71KB   25 downloads

witch one will it be 10.9 i animal,mehanichal or just snow cat ?
LOL great pictures

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
Tough choice, but I think first cat would fit best on the icon for "Install OSX 10.9 Snowy Mountain Cat.app" download from appstore. :)

atlee

atlee

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
lol with 12D74 my big external usb 3.0 drive does not mount(even intiating it doesn't do anything). plugging it into 2.0 usb port still doesn't. blody these updates are shocking lately. and again this update causes spinning circles. definetly not stable enough for production yet. maybe i should of just waited for final :D too many builds, too many annoying bugs.

maximus

maximus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Everything IT related, Hi-Fi audio, good books

12D74 breaks Nvidia CUDA driver.

Same here.

Francesco Diaz

Francesco Diaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
vda decoder run so well, with intel hd4000 and smbios mac mini 6.1

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
I ran the VDA test application on my Early 2009 Mac Pro and it failed. OSX 10.8.2!!

JCsHands

JCsHands

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
My NVIDIA GT610 broke with the latest 10.8.3 12D74 update. I had been running the Official NVIDIA drivers on 10.8.2 just fine, but after updating I couldn't find a way to get them to work again, I reinstalled back to 10.8.2 and everything is great again.
On the upside I noticed that 10.8.3 correctly identifies my controllers, so there must be better support for the Intel B75 Chipset.

Edited by JCsHands, 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM.

Musicode

Musicode

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
10.8.3 12D74 here and everything looks good so far.Sleep-wake up, benchmarks look fine and i have noticed that they fixed the slow restart-shut down issue.

Edited by TheDjey, 05 March 2013 - 01:02 PM.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,950 posts

My NVIDIA GT610 broke with the latest 10.8.3 12D74 update. I had been running the Official NVIDIA drivers on 10.8.2 just fine, but after updating I couldn't find a way to get them to work again, I reinstalled back to 10.8.2 and everything is great again.
On the upside I noticed that 10.8.3 correctly identifies my controllers, so there must be better support for the Intel B75 Chipset.

You will have to wait until 10.8.3 for new Retail drivers to come out.

Wayang-NT

Wayang-NT

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
today Apple seed 12D76 ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy