"Unable to find driver for this platform: \"ACPI\".\n"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.7.9/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1546
Here is probably the best pic I have of the error: https://lh6.googleus...1126_041403.jpg
How do I fix this? My process thus far:
- Extract 10.8.0 .dmg from my gold master download.
- Restore "Mac OS X Install ESD" partition to a GUID partitioned 8gb USB stick.
- Install (the latest) Chameleon on the USB stick.
Here is where it varies a bit, I've tried all sorts of combinations of fakesmc.kexts, smbios.plists, etc in E/E and S/L/E. I don't really know where I go to get solid information on what my platform needs though.
- Put the USB stick in my PC
- Boot the USB stick via my BIOS in Legacy Mode (non UEFI).
- Choose "Mac OS X Install ESD" from the chameleon boot menu w/ the verbose option.
- Get picture.
I have reset my bios to optimised defaults, I've set my bios options to several guides I found on the net to no effect. The wiki says similar boards to mine have worked fine, supposedly.
- i5 3570k.
- Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H (WiFi/Bluetooth, same actual board as the non WiFi/Bluetooth version though).
- 2x4GB RAM.
- 2xAsus 560Ti's (however I have set the internal HD4k as the primary graphics output).