AB1988B SupremeFX 2 not seeing green rear port

manny

14 posts in this topic

Hi all, i've been trying to get this to codec to work but i seem to be having an issue. I installed the ab1988b codec from old napalm and a few other codecs from osx86 . net and I can't get the green port to appear in system preferences. It worked once but then i tried to update to 10.8.2 and it broke everything, so I formatted and installed it again just how i did before and i've never been able to get it back. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the hdmi port from my video card but I'm pretty lost as to what to try next. I'm running an Asus Striker 2 Extreme nforce 790i with the supplied Supreme FX 2. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

n6cIT.png

It may have to do with the number of outputs supported by AppleHDA. I'm not sure if this has changed since 10.6 but I asked about this when I was working on my ALC883 and was told that AppleHDA has a limit of 4 outputs. So if you want all 4 analog outputs you have to disable S/PDIF out.

• Like 1

I have Asus P5E Deluxe with ad1988b, and I use this:

VoodooHDA AD1988B 7.1 - Downloads - OSx86.net

No 5.1 etc, but 2 channel working. Starting application and preferences are from voodoo 2.7.4

VoodooHDA 2.7.4 pkg installer - Downloads - OSx86.net

T -.-

tle88, unfortunately i've tried that one before and gives me the same problem ;(

It may have to do with the number of outputs supported by AppleHDA. I'm not sure if this has changed since 10.6 but I asked about this when I was working on my ALC883 and was told that AppleHDA has a limit of 4 outputs. So if you want all 4 analog outputs you have to disable S/PDIF out.

Riley, do you know how I would go about disabling the S/PDIF out? I definitely won't be using that one and would gladly get rid of it.

If you're using VoodooHDA it might not apply. But I can't be sure as I've no experience with it. If you are then have a look at VoodooHDA documentation or guides.

For AppleHDA you'll need to edit it out of the layout and platform xml files. You might also have to remove it's pinconfigs too. Then add the necessary data for the green port. Have a look at this topic for details on editing AppleHDA. The codec is different, but the process is the same. If you can find a pre-edited AB1988B kext then you might only have to make some adjustments.

• Like 1

@ manny

See http://www.insanelym...o/#entry1842852..........I use a modified version of oldnapalm's original version VooddoHDA.kext for AD1988B, that has a default association of 0x02214050 for node 17 in the VoodooHDA.kext Info.plist file rather than the original of 0x0221401f and have:

Sound Output:

- Headphones (Green Front) - Working via manual selection in sound prefs

- Line-out (Black Rear) - not tested

- Line-out (Green Rear) - working via manual selection in sound prefs

- Line-out (Grey Rear) - not tested

- Line-out (Orange Rear) - not tested

- SPDIF-out (rear) - not tested

Sound Input:

- Line-in (Blue Rear) - not tested

- Microphone (Pink Front) - working via manual selection in sound prefs

- Microphone (Pink Rear) - not tested fully as not convenient to use

working with OS X 10.8.2....... :)

• Like 1

Verdant, i've tried using that one and unfortunately am still getting the same ports available as listed in the OP :( . I think it might have something to do with the hdmi port on my video card. I've been reading on needing to modfiy some info.plist to skip looking for that particular controller... do you have any idea what that might be?

@ manny

Have you checked to see if this topic offers any help..........http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/220707-solved-acl889-and-hdmi-video-card/........?

• Like 1

@ manny

Sorry the fix does not appear to be sufficient..........it will be helpful to post your kext changes here for readers to check and compare with what is working/not working for them........ ;)

What kexts did the KPs point to? All the same kext, or different.......?

I wonder if there is another kext is also looking for and activating the HDMI port?

If a permanent solution is identified, I will include it in my OS X 10.8.2 nForce guide.

The modifications to the audio kext were adding these in:

<integer>VoodooHDAVidSkip</integer>

<key>vendorID</key>

<integer>VoodooHDADidSkip</integer>

<key>deviceID</key>

Hrm.. do you have any guesses as to which kext might be activating the port?

Also, the KPs point to like four different kexts each time. One of them being IOPCIFamily I think. When i work up the courage and boot into OSX i'll find out which ones and then i'll post them more in detail

Do you think it might be necessary to try and add similar lines of code to AppleHDA as well? I've tried with and without AppleHDA and still get the same results so i'm not sure it matters..