[GUIDE] HP Pavilion m6-1045dx (Mountain Lion)

- - - - - m6-1045dx guide 10.8 mountain lion

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
99% of WiFi cards don't work with Hackintoshes... Come on man, read the guide, it clearly says several times that I'm using an AR5B195 WiFi/Bluetooth card. The card that comes with the m6-1045dx or really any HP laptop will not work... Of course it will in Ubuntu, that's not abnormal.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I am using the AR5B195. I edited my post after the fact to mention it, you probably just didn't notice my edit.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Oh gotcha my bad.... You installed the appropriate kexts? Try reinstalling with Kext Wizard.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Just tried it again. I even tried a couple from google searches from osx86net. I have a older Ubuntu 11.04 Live CD, I get a weird error during startup, but I connect to WiFi fine (even after off/on switch). I would imagine it would "save" it's "on" state to the BIOS on power off, but it doesn't shut down properly. It will eject the drive and hang on the purple-ish rosey screen (sorry, colorblind.)

I've made a Ubuntu USB from 11.04 off of the usb-creator.exe located on the disc image, but that doesn't boot.
I also tried making a bootable USB with UNetBootin pulling the latest Ubuntu distro and it again has failed to boot.

I have the 750GB the HP came with, I guess I'll swap the HDD in place of my SSD just to get WiFi on and functioning, and then switch back to the SSD after a proper power off.

edit: grammar.

edit2: also, should I update my bios to latest supplied from HP while I'm at it? AKA, do you have it on and it's running properly?

Edited by Korpsicle, 08 February 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
No dice.
  • ssd to hdd with windows
  • installed drivers
  • turned them on and connected
  • updated bios
  • restarted
  • wifi was on already, connected
  • swapped hdd to ssd with mac
  • no wifi adapter in network utilities or ability to add as interface
  • F12 and FN+F12 make no change.

I'm stumped. How do I get this damn thing to turn on? lol.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Oh you know what it probably is, our cards are slightly different I bet. Load up Ubuntu, open Terminal, type in LSPCI and copy the printout and paste it here, do the same with the readout of LSUSB.

I'm guessing the hardware IDs are slightly different, there are a few "versions" of this card, in general there are multiple versions of cards, but the kexts I used and uploaded were actually edited for my card's IDs. You might try the original set of kexts for WiFi, I believe it's on OSX86.net, Google a little bit it should be easy to find, but do that and try that out before going through all the Ubuntu stuff... Also, what about Bluetooth? Does that work in the Hackintosh? Keep in mind even though WiFi and Bluetooth are on the same AR5B195 card, WiFi operates on the PCI bus while Bluetooth uses the USB bus, at least on our laptop and probably all the similar HP laptops of 2012/2013 (so Bluetooth doesn't work after a sleep resume with the Hackintosh setup but WiFi does). I know I/we (eep357 has been helping a lot) had to edit the Bluetooth kexts, I think because of the USB bus thing, because the norm is for WiFi and Bluetooth to both run off of PCI, or at least that's how I understand it.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I assume you're probably pulling the vendor and hardware ids with that command. I have a Dell model, Dell 1702 I think.

Ven 168C DEV 002B Subsys 02051028

there was a revision but I didn't copy that down. Give me a second and I'll post what Ubuntu states.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Yep. We'll resume this tomorrow, but you don't have an HP m6-1045dx? You're using a Dell... I'm guessing with the same specs, Ivy Bridge i5 3210M, HD4000, HM77 chipset?

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
M6-1045DX, bought a Dell 1702 because it's a AR5B195. Didn't realize that would be a big issue.

I downloaded a kext from osx86 for the AR5B195, added my 168c and 2b and restarted. Wifi works now! Thanks a lot for the help and suggestions. Time to start working on the other bugs.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
My battery monitor isn't working. I tried a couple kext's from google/osx86 and now I'm getting a KP stating I'm missing 2 files. I formatted my myHack flash drive for data transfers and don't have a mac nearby to create a new one. Is there any other repair methods? I have a .iso of ML, official disc of Snow Leopard, i_boot for 10.6 and i_boot for 10.8.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I had to remake the myHack USB a few times... I have a few laptop hard drives and a few flash drives, so at one time I had a secondary hard drive with Windows and Mac OS X in a VM on it and two myHack USB drives. Without a Mac to use, you need a VM of OS X, and that can be done with Ubuntu or Windows.

I've never had any luck with disks, I have something like 10 different ones for Hackintoshing, bootloader disks, iAtkos disks, pure OS X disks... It's a mess.

Korpsicle

Korpsicle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yeah, finally after 3 or 4 myHack flash drives and a couple weird touchpad issues, I finally got Mac OS back on it. Time to do the kexts again. Thanks again btw for the pack.

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Glad to hear it, good luck!

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I don't have the m6-1045dx anymore, but I hear that the modified AppleAHCIPort.kext does not work with 10.8.3... Anyone care to elaborate?

joshuaisbeast

joshuaisbeast

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

anyone have a minor link for the gatsby pack?

jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

anyone have a minor link for the gatsby pack?

I second this. Haven't been in the Hackintosh game for a while, just came back to check in... The files should still be up, but it seems Google screwed up the goo.gl link so it doesn't know where to redirect to.... Nor do I, I think it's in a DropBox account I forgot I had, to be honest.

If anyone has it, I'd be much obliged if you sent it to me so I can update the link... Or if you want to host it, that's cool too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m6-1045dx, guide, 10.8, mountain, lion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy