4 replies to this topic

Gatsouni

Gatsouni

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hello everyone.

I have updated my GTX 560 DC with a brand new EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC. Even though I try to set up my system, as I used to, I have a problem with the startup.

As soon as the computer starts up to Mountain Lion, the screen turns black and it restarts. I tried to set "GraphicsEnabler=No" to boot.plist and I still have the same results. What do you think are the optimal settings on ###### for the GTX 660 Ti, in order to solve this problem?

Is there any connection with the motherboard [Asus P8P67 Pro B3 ] I'm using?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time, guys!

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I am having problems with this card also on clean install the installer boots fine installs with no problems then KP on boot

sparkythewondersquid

sparkythewondersquid

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
I got mine going with fresh install manual USB installer creation booted into installer with -v PCIRootUID=-0 GraphicsEnabler=no it installed in full res and first boot had full qe as for openCL not working I tried this edit http://netkas.org/?p=1161 but did not work hope this helps

hap

hap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
my gtx660 is same problem

then KP on boot

maybe "NVDAResman.kext" no support,

I removed it can go to the desktop,

but QE/CI not work

ZenGiga

ZenGiga

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
If you have FakeSMC nvidia plugins installed remove them, they're not compatible with these cards.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EVGA, GTX 660 Ti, EVGA GTX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy