15 replies to this topic

coelomate1

coelomate1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
nvrmnd.

Edited by coelomate1, 05 September 2012 - 04:41 AM.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
That was a good post. What made you change your mind, if I may ask? You are a first hand witness that we do the right thing when we boycott tonymacx86.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,095 posts
Maybe they let him back in :wacko:

segfault

segfault

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:unix
    Reverse Engineering
saved this very good post from google cache.:

"

I just realized what was going on over there.

After so many of my civil posts were ghosted, simply deleted for no reason, I PM'd some people and they filled me in that

TonyMac

is a commercial site and is only allowing comments that jive with what they are selling. I think that there new "hardware reviews" section is generating some form of kickbacks for them, because there is a relatively new thread on a new Synology NAS and they said that "it just works" - which is total BS because I have a synology NAS and it doesn't just work. It really depends on the state of Synology's software in relation to Apple's latest OS.

Regarding the Synology NAS, I just wanted to express to members of the TMac site that after all your costs, you are pretty close to a mac mini and a mac mini is a much better machine, but TMac didn't like that and my post was removed as if it never existed!

That is not a community I want to be a part of.

Now my eyes are open to the way that they are shaping conversations, and the whole site in general, in order to generate revenue. ###### is simply a tool for them to make money. I don't think they care much about hackintosh, or at least they don't care about their forum members opinions.

Anyway, glad to be back here. I left for awhile, but there is comfort in knowing that hacking is just for fun and not to make somebody rich. I really think that

TonyMac

may be an ex psystar employee. He's very cunning. And, I think that in spite of all the good members over there, you guys made the right decision in not allowing this site to represent

tonymac

or link to his installers.

There are a lot of people over there who feel the same way, but any time they try and express that feeling their posts are deleted. Right now there is a secret PM resistance going on, but I wonder if the TMac crew reads those and will put an end to that too.

Shame, it was a good site for a few years.

Oh well!

"

coelomate1

coelomate1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
no it wasn't anything like that, I realized that I kinda basically posted the same thoughts in another thread here and didn't want to double post it.

I stand by everything I said, twice (lol).

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
Good to hear from the OP on this. From one TonyMac exile to another: welcome home.

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
The best would be to gather and share help on any of these forums, i agree that deleting posts without reason sucks (happened to me twice), but lets just chill and keep helping anywhere we go....

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,721 posts

That was a good post. What made you change your mind, if I may ask? You are a first hand witness that we do the right thing when we boycott tonymacx86.

I'm going to create Installer for HP Pavilion DV6-7 Sandy and Ivy Bridge series...
Here, we can also create installer to create the Osx installation system (......... Open project course), and tools as they have? ...ask why not seen here!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts

I'm going to create Installer for HP Pavilion DV6-7 Sandy and Ivy Bridge series...
Here, we can also create installer to create the Osx installation system (......... Open project course), and tools as they have?

Of course you can. We have in fact a project which should be a free equivalent of their tools. If you want to cooperate I can make you a member of the FAQ Team.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,721 posts
This interests me, but can you explain the obligations and duties?

It would be nice .... :thumbsup_anim:

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Ti rispondo in italiano. In fondo fai quello che ti senti fare.

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,721 posts
Accetto, mi butto!

PS ho già qualcosina....

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Fatto! http://www.insanelym...8-pandoras-box/

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,721 posts
WOW grazie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,312 posts
Di niente :)

Micky1979

Micky1979

• Moderators
  • 1,721 posts
OMG, mi metto subito al lavoro! (anche se con i mostri sacri che ci sono lì più che altro proporrò....) :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy