• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
I had SL 10.6.8 installed, but went and got the retail of ML for my lappy which is :

Toshiba Satellite L755

i5 2430m
4 GB DDR3
1 GB GT525m
Intel H65
Conexant Audio
Atheros 9285 wifi

Installation went perfectly well and the Nvidia GT525m was picked up OOB, but no Atheros or the Conexant Audio. Used a kext I had for the Atheros which worked.

The first problem is I need to keep putting up kernel flags "UseKernelCache=No" else I get "still waiting for root device" and my HDD is on AHCI mode.

Second problem is I used ###### 5.2 to install VoodooHDA worked just perfectly with all the pins but suddenly today I started getting a KP so I just moved the driver.

Third problem is in the trackpad preferences there is an option for flicks but when I check that I cannot use the flicks / swipe on Safari or FF, my touchpad is a Synaptics 7.2

Any other issues currently NO.

Please help me with the above.

Ah I forgot, after shutting down ML I can restart the system without removing the battery :)

Edited by fantomas1, 01 September 2012 - 09:12 AM.
Title updated! Pick an appropriate title and tags (if any) for your post. A good title makes it easier to find what you are looking for. Using informative tags allows for improved searching of related topics.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
put legacy ahci kext into /Extra/Extensions and should fix waiting on root device. for audio, just try dofferent versions of voodoo until you get one that doesn't kp. 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2 etc

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

put legacy ahci kext into /Extra/Extensions and should fix waiting on root device. for audio, just try dofferent versions of voodoo until you get one that doesn't kp. 2.7.4, 2.7.3, 2.7.2 etc

where can I get this Legacy AHCI? And what about the swipe thing ?

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Retired
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Try this one in Extra/Extensions instead of legacy. If still problem after see here: Waiting for root device when kernel cache used; only with...

I don't know about swipe and what capabilities of your trackpad are or what they can be when using voodoo trackpad kext or apple trackpad kexts. I've only ever gotten 2 finger scrolling to work on hackintosh laptop, but all were slightly older than yours.

Attached Files

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
@eep357

I will post back with the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy