Beakster

Beakster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:http://beakdev.blogspot.com/
Hi,

I installed 10.8 using the ####### method on my Asus K53E (2nd gen i5, intel only video). After installing I was able to boot into 10.8 no problem, but after running ###### to install the boot loader and MBP definition I get a kernel panic when booting.

I didn't use a DSDT when installing ########, but I was able to boot without one before. I've attached screenshots of the error.

Thanks

Attached Files

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
remove applesmartbattermanager.kext. bootflag in second screenshot should be -f not -F. It may be use of that smbios that triggers batterymanager to attempt loading, and then panic

Beakster

Beakster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:http://beakdev.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the advice. I removed this Kext using MacDrive on Windows and also removed the System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches. When I reboot I get a different error now. Please see attached.

Attached Files

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts
We can't help you with TonyMac products here, it's against the rules. Read them to find out why.

Please post on TonyMac's forums for support or use a different installation method.

eep357

eep357

Triple Platinum

• Supervisors
  • 2,527 posts
  • Interests:things and stuff
Never seen so many kexts all cause KP at the same time in my life :) Epic fail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy