3 replies to this topic

Threepwood

Threepwood

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
Hey everyone,

I tried updating FakeSMC.kext (running ######) and just replaced 3.1 with 4.2. First time it booted fine, but on the next boot it just froze at the loading screen.

Turns out Lion will only boot if FakeSMC.kext is in a new location, i.e. Extra/Extensions or S/L/E. If I boot my SL drive and just move the file to the other folder Lion will boot, but not if I move the file from within Lion.

What should I do? Reinstall ######?

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts
Please read the forum rules.

You should go to the TonyMac forums for support with their products. We can't help you here.

alaskantraveler

alaskantraveler

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Single Carburetor GoldWings
    BlackPowder Revolvers
    PC based OSX

AMD...
Seeing as how all of the OS X incarnations need fakesmc.kext in one form or another to run, why can we not discuss it. Fakesmc.kext is essential to the running of Hackintoshes.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,045 posts
Because he used their software to do it and because he's asking about it.

Unless the issue is with ###### (or however you spell it) simply replacing Fakesmc should not cause any kind of problems unless he has incompatible plugins from a different version or something.

Besides I did not understand even a single sentence in his description of the problem.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FakeSMC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy