Patched mach_kernel 10.8.X for Atom CPUs

buoo

72 posts in this topic

@theconnactic

Same here on asrock atom ion 330 pro it gets stuck at pci configuration begins even if i set "npci=2000".... i've also tried other ways to get past that screen but without success (with snow 10.6.8 it works perfectly)...

Did you try npci=0x3000 also? It works sometimes.

Please report back anyway! Is important for us to know if the solution worked or not. :)

Ok, i've tried also npci=0x3000... nothing.... it always get stuck at this point:

post-449896-0-81978800-1346004828_thumb.jpg

If it helps i've attached my E/E on the usb installation pendrive for troubleshooting (chameleon version is the latest one available in the official thread as today)

Cheers

Extra.zip

I've tried to ovverride DSDT GFX injection with graphicenabler=yes ... nothing... it stucks always at the same point... it seems that my htpc doesn't like ML :|

What makes me disappointed is the fact that in Snow it works without a glitch! ok... i know that there are so many variables... but...

That's easy, a MacBook Air 11'!

Just kidding: i would opt for an Asus 1201n, because of it's ability to get QE/CI enabled, since it has nVidia Ion graphics. Until now, we couldn't solve this issue for Intel GMA graphics in Mountain Lion. Anyway, it depends on your needs, expectations and budget.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to work too well with the Dev release of 10.8.2. The kernel patches but the machine refuses to boot with it. Tried the patcher, tried patching manually by running the perl strings in Terminal but same result. Using the 10.8.1 Atom kernel with the update causes a KP.

Doesn't seem to work too well with the Dev release of 10.8.2.

I'm surprised it even worked on the 12.1.0 kernel, the addresses that need to be patched usually change.... which is probably what happened with the 12.2.0 kernel.

I'm surprised it even worked on the 12.1.0 kernel, the addresses that need to be patched usually change.... which is probably what happened with the 12.2.0 kernel.

Ah. So this Atom patcher is a bit pointless, then? Pity. Would have been a neat solution without having to bug those that understand kernel development better to come up with an updated kernel for each point release.

Sorry if the question (or the one who asks) sounds inept , but probably there will be changes between the dev. 10.8.2 and the final end-user 10.8.2 update, right?

no doubt ! Apple can release many beta builds before the final public release, so many changes or not :) ! Some times, Apple modify many things, and some times, not so !

in the 10.8.1 beta builds (12B13, 12B17, 12B19), the addresses don't changed.... but in this first 10.8.2, clearly yes !

in the 12B13, we had the same 12.0.0 kernel, he changed to 12.1.0 in the 12B17 and stay the same in the 12B19 !

Ah. So this Atom patcher is a bit pointless, then? Pity. Would have been a neat solution without having to bug those that understand kernel development better to come up with an updated kernel for each point release.

It's not pointless at all (well, this one might be), in fact I have a kernel patcher that goes and reads the correct addresses + patches everything appropriately (it's the same codebase as the KernelPatcher module for chameleon)

• Like 2

It's not pointless at all (well, this one might be), in fact I have a kernel patcher that goes and reads the correct addresses + patches everything appropriately (it's the same codebase as the KernelPatcher module for chameleon)

Yes, I meant the script shared here. I know you have your own private patcher as nawcom mentioned on his blog.