• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hello, I successfully installed my Mountain Lion, but now I have some weird problem, related to my laptop battery. I can still use it on battery, but I can't see little battery that should be there on the menu bar near the clock.

And yes, I tried to check the "Show battery status in menu bar" from the System Preferences, but it doesn't work.

Where can I find a working kext for laptop battery?

My laptop is Acer Aspire 5738G, 4GB DDR3, 2.20 GHz Intel C2D (if needed, I can provide other specs).

Thank you in advance.

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
So, no one installed ML on hackontosh laptop?

A little hard to believe...

maxhello

maxhello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Try this kext. Worked for me...

Or the second file... Sorry, I have so many kexts I've tried on my lappy, can be confusing trying to remember which ones worked... Good Luck!

Attached Files

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Well, tried the first one, it shows the battery, but with an X and it says "No batteries available".

The second one (BATTERY.zip) is damaged. Can't unzip it :(
Can you reupload, please?

Thanks for your help!

OneBlueSky

OneBlueSky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Second seems broken for me as well. Tried the first, and similar to Alex I get an "x" in the indicator and in preferences, it shows the battery is at 0%.

alex95sv

alex95sv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I tried VoodooBattery kext I found for Lion, and it is working for Mountain Lion too!

I deleted my AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (not sure if you have to though) and also deleted the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from ML and then installed both kexts in the attached archive with Kext Utility. Reboot -> profit! :wink2:

Attached Files

maxhello

maxhello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
nice...

OneBlueSky

OneBlueSky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

I tried VoodooBattery kext I found for Lion, and it is working for Mountain Lion too!

I deleted my AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext (not sure if you have to though) and also deleted the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from ML and then installed both kexts in the attached archive with Kext Utility. Reboot -> profit! :wink2:

Worked for me as well! Thanks so much! And thank you too Max!

maxhello

maxhello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here it is rezipped if you want to try it. The reason I switched to this one instead of VooDooBattery is, VooDooBattery didnt work with iStatMenus 3 but with the 2 kext, battery is recognized in iStatMenus 3 and also in Power under System Report...

Attached Files

OneBlueSky

OneBlueSky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Ah! I haven't loaded iStat onto my laptop yet, but I do use it. So I'll be trying your file in the morning! Pretty late here already. Will post back with results on my system! :)

Biso007

Biso007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
both files didn't work for me (HP 6730b) ML 10.8

rhcamilex

rhcamilex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Nice maxhello, the second one works! tested on 10.8.2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Laptop, Battery, Kext, Acer, Aspire

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy