Graphics acceleration not working on GTX 550 Ti with 10.8

33 posts in this topic

Same here! Or 560 actually. Was going cheap at an old stock clearance sale to make way for the 660, which is way overpriced where I live. Actually glad I was forced to to be honest. The 550 was only just cutting it anyway. If any 'fix' had to be found, it would be pointless anyway, since 'fixes' are broken most of the time after an update. Just hope Apple don't drop Fermi support completely in the near future or I will need to 'work the streets' to upgrade again! (Joking!)

• Like 1

Seemed to be one or two people having issues with 560's, which didn't fill me with confidence. And the 560 ti 448 needs more juice, rather than get a 560ti 448 and a new power supply I just paid for the overpriced 660 ti :/

Need to get opencl working yet though.

Seeing your bright red sig reminded me to update mine.

Seemed to be one or two people having issues with 560's, which didn't fill me with confidence. And the 560 ti 448 needs more juice, rather than get a 560ti 448 and a new power supply I just paid for the overpriced 660 ti :/

Need to get opencl working yet though.

Seeing your bright red sig reminded me to update mine.

Fixed Sig! WhooHoo! By the way, noticed you have 2GB RAM . Did you apply the Netkas's fix for cards with 2GB & more? Aparrently OpenCL does not work OOB with 2GB or more so he posted a fix on his website.

Did you apply the Netkas's fix for cards with 2GB & more? Aparrently OpenCL does not work OOB with 2GB or more so he posted a fix on his website.

Yes: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282085

Half of what I'd done for the 550 ti also had to be done for the 660 ti, so at least I got some practice in with the 550 :)

I'm realising that most of the hackintosh community seems to regard the phrase 'works ootb' as meaning that basically works rather than fully works without intervention. So all this kepler works oob...just means that the basics work.

Yes: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282085

Half of what I'd done for the 550 ti also had to be done for the 660 ti, so at least I got some practice in with the 550 :)

I'm realising that most of the hackintosh community seems to regard the phrase 'works ootb' as meaning that basically works rather than fully works without intervention. So all this kepler works oob...just means that the basics work.

I believe you only need Netkas' patch for anything over 2GB. My 560Ti has 2GB and OpenCL works. I do however have lots of issues with the 560Ti and I did apply Netkas' patch but it had no effect. I also have OpenGL problems as well. Very frustrating. I may try the 660Ti or perhaps a 570 or 580.

I was never a big ATI fan but it appears Apple may eventually drop Nvidia so perhaps it's better to go with ATI from this point forward.

I don't have any sleep wake issues with the 560 Ti. The problem is performance. Trying to patch AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext has been a problem. OpenCL works as well as OpenGL but the card is very choppy. Keeps throttling up and down and stuttering.

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody

I think that the GTX 550 Ti of 1gb have troubles for work with the OS X 10.8.2, specially with the OpenCL

I am attempting enable the OpenCL by more of 3 weeks and nothing works, applying the famous patch with the terminal, modifying the DSDT, using various enablers, like NVEnabler, the Natit etc etc etc .... and no luck

Yes, i have full resolution, i can see movies, even i can play games but when I need do renders with the Cinema11 or edit with the FinalCut X, the renderer is the CPU, how i know it?, easy ... the fan of the CPU begin to work to almost full of their speed

Other test for know if is enabled the OpenCL, using the Luxmark, shows it RUNTIME ERROR: PathOCL kernel compilation error

I don't know as continue, i am thinking seriously change my graphics card

Ideas?