Dictation feature working?

13 posts in this topic

Does you App Store login and Facetime registration work? check if your Ethernet is working (even if you use Wireless).

Check your Chamleon config for:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Some Apple Services depends on the MAC Address of your (internal) Ethernet card.

• Like 1

Hello buddies, so Im having the same problem here, but I think my built in microphone isnt working. When I press 2 times the button, the dictation appears and says OK then closes Itself. And it seems my microphone doesnt work with VoodooHDA.kext. I tried to record audio but as I expected there was no sound.

I already edited the org.chameleon.boot.plist but no luck.

I dont use wired connection because my ethernet card is not supported (JMicron 250) I use the ASUS N-10 USB to get wireless working here. And yes my App Store doesnt work when I try to login with my Apple ID. Facetime doesnt work too.

So could you help me doing that ? My Ethernet card is JMicron JMC250 and I guess it is not supported on mac. I already tried the EFI Studio method, PCIRootUID=1, deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and none of them worked, it gives me no Ethernet option when I try to add Devices on the Network prefpane. There is only VPN, 6to4 and PPPoE. None of them are my network.

well, not the best machine for a hackintosh there :) I know of no way to enable either that wifi or ethernet and and pretty sure it can't be done. The wifi can easily be replaced with a compatible card, but I don't know if a USB to ethernet adapter can be seen as built in. If you get compatible wifi card, they may be a possible solution to trick it into seeing built in ethernet. I'm moving my install over to a dual SSD RAID-0 atm and just a few minutes ago I was manually editing the network preferences.plist switching wifi en0 with ethernet en1 and managed to get OSX to see my wifi as a working bluetooth network with connection to my network and see my ethernet as a working wifi connection also connected to my network and getting IP via DHCP. Not sure if this was just cosmetic or how much the OS was really tricked, but I then fixed it because this wasn't what I was trying to do :) Also once you get most the apple services enabled, they will continue working even if your network config has changed, so moving hardrive to mac with working ethernet to set up icloud, appstore etc, then back to other mac may get most services to work, but I don't think it will work with Dictation.

• Like 1