Success: Mountain Lion (DP4 & GM) on Ivy i7-3770K/Z77X-UD5H/GTX 670

55 posts in this topic

I'm happy to report that using John Cash's guide (original post removed, download link at the end of this post), I was able to install Mountain Lion DP4 and GM on the following system without any extra kext modifications (only the default fakesmc.kext that came with the installer).

System:

- Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K

- Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (firmware r8)

- 16 GB Corsair Ram DDR3 1600 (4x4)

- Intel SSD 330 180 GB

- EVGA FTW GeFroce GTX 670 (2 GB)

- Apple Airport Extreme mini PICe mod card

- Echo AudioFire 4

I'll probably update with some additional details as there are some minor things I ran into, but over all the installation was very straightforward based on John Cash's guide. I didn't need to do everything in his guide other than:

1. Create installation USB boot drive. (didn't do anything else extra here, didn't copy any new kext, etc.)

2. Install Mountain Lion using the USB drive

3. Reboot into USB, run ./finalize in terminal to install the bootloader on the hard drive.

4. Reboot into newly installed ML.

[Edit: note that John Cash's original "finalize" script also installs audio and CMOS fix kext. I commented them out. Installing them on my system seem to actually cause other problems.]

- iCloud sync works

- GTX 670 fully recognized with 2 GB, and full accelleration

- App store works, able to install previously purchased apps

- Sleep and wake up works, but with a minor issue (will explain later)

- Firewire works with the Audiofire 4 external sound card

- Wireless works with the Airport Extreme card

Update 1:

This machine has Windows 7, Fedora 17, and ML DP4, triple boot. Each OS has its own physical hard drive. I prefer this way to avoid any mess up. When I install a new system, I unplug all the other drives.

The minor issue I mentioned earlier is when I manually shut down/restart the machine after a successful wake up from sleep, the system freezes. I don't see any error logs in the console. When I don't sleep/wake up, the system shuts down normally. I'll have to play with it and see.

The great news is that this set up is very easy to work with and has very strong performance.

Update 2:

Just installed ML GM, everything worked even better than DP4, all my previous minor problems have gone away. Here are some screen shots and benchmarks:

7545460916_501c356088_o.jpg

7545617008_24eb1a09d9_o.jpg

7545639908_330fbc4d42_o.jpg

7545460276_0911ce045f_o.jpg

7545461138_75b44eb330_o.jpg

7545461068_fe6a4480c2_o.jpg

7545460840_21f8d8d930_c.jpg

7545460458_52684da425_c.jpg

7545460708_c2d884327e_b.jpg

Thanks.

MtnLion Installer Kit ver 1.0_lofen.zip

• Like 1

You don't even need DSDT? Although i have heard that Z77 board is so native to OSX that it doesn't need a DSDT to sleep.

Sorry to tell you that you are going to reintall OSX very soon, Apple has just seeded Mountain Lion GM

Correct, didn't need a DSDT.

I have been waiting for the GM version, I can't wait to get my hands on the final version :).

Hi,

i have the same motherboard, cpu and gpu and i'm struggling to have a successfully installation of DP4.

When i try to follow step by step the John Cash's guide i get stuck at the very beginning.

I try to copy/paste the ''sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB'' command in terminal

i get this error: ''sudo: install/mkboot: command not found''.

The machine i tried to create the bootable usb is an imac running 10.7.4.

Help me please, because i'm forced to use windows for three days and i think i need psychotherapy! :)

Thanks

Hi,

i have the same motherboard, cpu and gpu and i'm struggling to have a successfully installation of DP4.

When i try to follow step by step the John Cash's guide i get stuck at the very beginning.

I try to copy/paste the ''sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB'' command in terminal

i get this error: ''sudo: install/mkboot: command not found''.

The machine i tried to create the bootable usb is an imac running 10.7.4.

Help me please, because i'm forced to use windows for three days and i think i need psychotherapy! :)

Thanks

It looks like the error is caused by being in the wrong directory. Make sure you copied the "install" folder and "InstallESD.dmg" file to the desktop, or at least put them in the same directory. Then in terminal, you want to go to where you put them. Assuming the files are in your Desktop directory, in Terminal I did the following:

~$ cd Desktop/
~/Desktop$ ls
InstallESD.dmg My Boot Camp   install
~/Desktop$ sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB
Password:
Attaching OS X Lion...
Checksumming Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…
 Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0): verified   CRC32 $CC0D82BD
Checksumming  (Apple_Free : 1)…
				(Apple_Free : 1): verified   CRC32 $00000000
Checksumming Apple (Apple_partition_map : 2)…
 Apple (Apple_partition_map : 2): verified   CRC32 $5037EC4F
Checksumming disk image (Apple_HFS : 3)…
..............................................................................................................................
	  disk image (Apple_HFS : 3): verified   CRC32 $AAEE2C80
Checksumming  (Apple_Free : 4)…
				(Apple_Free : 4): verified   CRC32 $00000000
verified   CRC32 $37FBEE77
/dev/disk5			  Apple_partition_scheme			
/dev/disk5s1			Apple_partition_map			  
/dev/disk5s2			Apple_HFS						  /Users/xxxxxx/Desktop/install/lioninst
Restoring BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/USB...
Validating target...done
Validating source...done
Retrieving scan information...done
Validating sizes...done
Restoring  ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100
Verifying  ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100
Remounting target volume...done
Adopting on-disk ownership on /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...
Copying Packages from OS X Lion main image...
building file list ...
17 files to consider
Packages/
Packages/AdditionalEssentials.pkg
91996447 100%   11.59MB/s	0:00:07 (xfer#1, to-check=15/17)
Packages/AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg
  434164011 100%   12.04MB/s	0:00:34 (xfer#2, to-check=14/17)
Packages/AsianLanguagesSupport.pkg
 3468679 100%	2.75MB/s	0:00:01 (xfer#3, to-check=13/17)
Packages/BSD.pkg
  231676948 100%   10.29MB/s	0:00:21 (xfer#4, to-check=12/17)
Packages/BaseSystemBinaries.pkg
  262074276 100%   12.98MB/s	0:00:19 (xfer#5, to-check=11/17)
Packages/BaseSystemResources.pkg
 2018317 100%	3.18MB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#6, to-check=10/17)
Packages/Essentials.pkg
 2539527031 100%   13.18MB/s	0:03:03 (xfer#7, to-check=9/17)
Packages/JavaEssentials.pkg
 7134078 100%	5.33MB/s	0:00:01 (xfer#8, to-check=8/17)
Packages/JavaTools.pkg
10510626 100%   10.18MB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#9, to-check=7/17)
Packages/MediaFiles.pkg
  127071967 100%   12.33MB/s	0:00:09 (xfer#10, to-check=6/17)
Packages/OSInstall.mpkg
  633312 100%  674.45kB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#11, to-check=5/17)
Packages/OSInstall.pkg
	2258 100%	2.37kB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#12, to-check=4/17)
Packages/OSUpgrade.pkg
	 844 100%	0.89kB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#13, to-check=3/17)
Packages/OxfordDictionaries.pkg
  140169051 100%   11.83MB/s	0:00:11 (xfer#14, to-check=2/17)
Packages/RemoteDesktop.pkg
 2661653 100%	6.72MB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#15, to-check=1/17)
Packages/X11redirect.pkg
  588490 100%	1.26MB/s	0:00:00 (xfer#16, to-check=0/17)

sent 3854169583 bytes  received 378 bytes  13359341.29 bytes/sec
total size is 3853697988  speedup is 1.00
Copying Extra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...
Installing BootLoader...
Installer: Package name is Chameleon Bootloader
Installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System
Installer: The install was successful.
Copying /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Copying BootExtra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra...
Installing Realtek NIC kext...
Installer: Package name is Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx Driver
Installer: choices changes file 'RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90_choices.plist' applied
Installer: Installing at base path /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System
Installer: The install was successful.
Copying mach_kernel from OS X Lion main image...
Detaching OS X Lion main image...
"disk5" unmounted.
"disk5" ejected.
Copying BootLoader installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Copying Realtek NIC installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Copying Realtek audio installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Copying custom power management profile to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Copying file AppleRTCpatch.txt to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root
Copying finalize script to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...
Ejecting /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...
Disk /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System ejected

To people who wants to know more, install/mkboot is just a normal bash script. You can open it up in a text editor and read what it's trying to do.

Lofen,

Thanks for the feedback. Could you post a geekbench score ? I'd like to see the memory bandwith.

Sure, see my modified post. The total came out to be 14395, memory bandwidth 8898. I think my Corsair RAM are not anything fancy, total cost about $100.

Thank you Lofen.

I made some steps forward but again i have to many errors.

Please if you can take a look at my saved terminal output.

$ cd Desktop/

Desktop $ ls

MtnLion Installer Kit ver 1.0

InstallESD.dmg install

Desktop $ sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB

Attaching OS X Lion...

expected CRC32 $FE2028FD

/dev/disk2 Apple_partition_scheme

/dev/disk2s1 Apple_partition_map

/dev/disk2s2 Apple_HFS /Users/xx/Desktop/install/lioninst

Restoring BaseSystem.dmg to /Volumes/USB...

Validating target...done

Validating source...done

Retrieving scan information...done

Validating sizes...done

Restoring ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Verifying ....10....20....30....40....50....60....70....80....90....100

Remounting target volume...done

Adopting on-disk ownership on /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...

vsdbutil: Couldn't get volume information for '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

vsdbutil: no valid volume UUID found on '/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System': Invalid argument

Copying Packages from OS X Lion main image...

rm: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Installation/Packages: No such file or directory

building file list ...

18 files to consider

rsync: mkdir "/Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/System/Installation" failed: No such file or directory (2)

rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/main.c(544) [receiver=2.6.9]

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender]

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-42/rsync/io.c(452) [sender=2.6.9]

Copying Extra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...

Installing BootLoader...

Installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

Copying /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElliottForceLegacyRTC: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/ElliottForceLegacyRTC: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/MacOS/FakeSMC: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources/en.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources/en.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources/en.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Resources/License.txt: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/NullCPUPowerManagement: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/InfoPlist.strings: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/org.chameleon.Boot.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/smbios.plist: No such file or directory

Copying BootExtra to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/Extra...

Installing Realtek NIC kext...

Installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

Copying mach_kernel from OS X Lion main image...

Detaching OS X Lion main image...

"disk2" unmounted.

"disk2" ejected.

Copying BootLoader installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

Copying Realtek NIC installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

Copying Realtek audio installation files to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

cp: ALC885_889a_LION: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ALC885_889a.kext: No such file or directory

cp: ALC885_889a_LION/ALC885_889a.kext: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ALC885_889a.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ALC885_889a.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: ALC885_889a_LION/ALC885_889a.kext/Contents: unable to copy extended attributes to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ALC885_889a.kext/Contents: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/ALC885_889a.kext/Contents/Info.plist: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/layout885.xml: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Platforms.xml: No such file or directory

cp: /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root/Readme First.txt: No such file or directory

Copying custom power management profile to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

Copying file AppleRTCpatch.txt to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root

Copying finalize script to /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System/private/var/root...

Ejecting /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System...

Unable to find disk for /Volumes/Mac OS X Base System

All done.

What did You use To install audio?

installed audio from ####### 4.6.1 but so far no mic...?

here my results: so far no mic only....

b13d94008c2549e5a057a48.png

Nice score, did you do any overclocking? Which memory are you using?

Would you mind uploading the complete package you used?

I copied all the files from the package from John Cash to my Desktop but it refuses to work ._.

All you have to do:

1. Make flash drive with 2 partitions on MBR with FAT: one with name "Utilities", one with name "USB"

2. put folder "install" and "InstallESD.dmg" to your Desktop.

3. Open a Terminal Window and execute these commands:

cd Desktop

sudo install/mkboot /Volumes/USB

That is everything I get :(

1. name of your flash drive partition IS NOT "USB"

2. Did you copy "InstallESD.dmg" from "Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg". Right-click (control-click) on the app and select “Show Package Contents.” From here, navigate to the “SharedSupport” folder inside “Contents.” You’ll see a disk image titled “InstallESD.dmg.” and copy it to your desktop.

also try mount "InstallESD.dmg" if unmounted does not work...

The image I am using is the ESD, when it is mounted, it's called

Mac OS X Install ESD

:/

delete old one and try to copy again "InstallESD.dmg" from "Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg". Right-click (control-click) on the app and select “Show Package Contents.” From here, navigate to the “SharedSupport” folder inside “Contents.” You’ll see a disk image titled “InstallESD.dmg.” and copy it to your desktop.

some thing wrong with your InstallESD.dmg

EvgeniX,

I have the same system as you, and the overclock used to work in 10.7.4 and Win 7. After 10.8 GM install the machine boots and once the desktop shows up it freezes. If I remove the overclock and use default CPU speed the ML works great. In Win 7 Overclock still works.

Can you please share your bios settings and did you modify apple CPU power management or ssdt file?

EvgeniX,

I have the same system as you, and the overclock used to work in 10.7.4 and Win 7. After 10.8 GM install the machine boots and once the desktop shows up it freezes. If I remove the overclock and use default CPU speed the ML works great. In Win 7 Overclock still works.

Can you please share your bios settings and did you modify apple CPU power management or ssdt file?

1. I use F9d beta bios

2. CPU clock ratio 48, Boost Technology = Disabled, all other = Auto; 3D pover VLC = Turbo;

3. VCore offset = 0.125, PLL=1.7, all other = Auto;

4. DRAM = 1.535 @ 2133- 9-10-10-24-1T

this all I changed....

• Like 1

1. I use F9d beta bios

2. CPU clock ratio 48, Boost Technology = Disabled, all other = Auto; 3D pover VLC = Turbo;

this all I changed....

are you using NullCPU kext, DSDT or SSDT ?

1. I use F9d beta bios

this all I changed....

I'm using an i5 2500K with my Z77X-UDH5 with overclock settings at 4.8 GHz. According to HW Monitor I have only two speedsteps at 16x and 33x , so no overclock. :-(

I've tried a custom SSDT using Revogirl's script, other site SSDT and no SSDT without success. Otherwise ML GM is working great.