Kalyway 10.5.2 install and works great but no internet.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

neotigZ

neotigZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hey Every body! So i installed kalyway 10.5.2 on a hp slimline s7600n. It installed fine but for some reason i cant get the internet to work. It shows a green light by ethernet and yellow by network and red for everything else. Im also not able to connect to the modem/router which is a motorola NVG510.

The motherboard is a asustek Pyrite-GL8E. I think the ethernet is Realtek RTL8201CL.

Im also having problems with the video. It can only do 1024x768 Its not a big deal yet but i want to be able to play minecraft soon. Its a GeForce 6150 LE 256mb 64-bit

Ram is 1 gig and the cpu is a amd athlon 64 dual core 2ghz

I feel like i may be missing some info. Any help would be great. Thanks :).

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,855 posts

I feel like i may be missing some info.

Nah, you just have crappy hardware.

Its a GeForce 6150

According to Krazubu the 6150 is not supported by the OS X nvidia drivers:
http://www.projectos...php?showtopic=4
You can never have hardware accelerated graphics and so you will not be able to run Minecraft.

Look here for drivers for your ethernet device:
http://www.insanelym...p?showforum=152
Are you sure it's Realtek and not nforce? From a quick google your mobo has the nvidia MCP51 chipset.

neotigZ

neotigZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Falls to my knees and screams NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Ok well what about the internet??

Its a little desk top and yeah i think your right. I think its nforce. I had to look up the specs for it and i saw nvidia mcp51 but saw the other on something else and ive had to much coffee today so im LITTLE NUTS! lol Yeah is crappy hardware but a friend of mine had to be taught a lesson. He didnt think i could put osx on anything except macs also i had to show him that win 7 will run on an old computer with a single core cpu and 512mb of ram.

Oh well heres the thing. I am using the nforce.kext and the ethernet is working its just not wanting to connect to the internet. Sorry for the confusion about the realtek stuff.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,855 posts
There are a couple different drivers available for nforce ethernet, try them all. I can't be specific, I've never installed OS X on anything with an nforce chipset.

Use the forum search or Google to find user "verdant"'s nforce guides, if a driver exists it'll be mentioned in one of his guides.

neotigZ

neotigZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
So this thing has a wireless built on to the board but i cant figure out what name to look up for it. It probably wouldnt work anyway but id like to give it a shot anyway. Also i foud a admtek nc100 ethernet card to try out. Whatcha think.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,855 posts
No idea, I'm not familiar with the hardware. Never heard of admtek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy