Is hackintosh possible on my pc?

Lennardude

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i'm new here and I don't know If i'm on the right spot for my question so I hope you don't mind, also I think this question is been asked for over a thousand times but I want to ask it to:P

So I want Hackintosh on my pc and I googled a lot but there is much to find and I don't know where to start, but I just ask here if it's even possible to have mac on my pc with this specs:

Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

CPU: Amd phenom II x4 955 3,2 ghz

Graphics: Ati Radeon 6770 ( sapphire)

Memory: 4gb ddr3 1333 kingston

Thanks in advance!

Lennard

Snow leopard should be possible, the AMD kernel for Lion is still under development.

You may have to re flash your graphics card to a 5770 to get native support.

Start off with the OS X ModCD/ModUSB and a Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail disk.

Boot with at least -v and if you get a kernel panic you should be able to see what's causing it. If it's not obvious, post a photo and I'm sure someone will help you.

Ok thanks for the respond but as I said i´m quite new, (sorry) so a few things are not 100% clear

1) How can you "reflash" your graphics card?

2) What is modcd/modusb

3) and what do you mean with -v ?

Sorry for my noob being :P

Thanks

1. Google

2. A boot CD/USB, this boots the Snow Leopard Install DVD

3. -v means verbose mode. At chameleon (the boot loader used by the ModCD) select necessary partition, type -v and hit enter.

1. Google

2. A boot CD/USB, this boots the Snow Leopard Install DVD

3. -v means verbose mode. At chameleon (the boot loader used by the ModCD) select necessary partition, type -v and hit enter.

Instead of reflashing my grapics card ( which I don't even know how to do and what the consequences are) Can't I use this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=250804&st=40&p=1655159 ( 3rd post )

Huh? AMD Radeon HD 6xxx works just fine under 10.6.8. Prior 10.6.8 it wasn't but the 10.6.8 update includes all the necessary drivers.

Anyways, the AMD kernel was released a long time ago. Just a little Google search gave me : http://www.osx86.net...for_10.7.4.html

You can give it a shot and make sure you switch the S-ATA Configuration as AHCI instead of IDE in the bios, or else you won't get past the "Still waiting for root device" error.

Huh? AMD Radeon HD 6xxx works just fine under 10.6.8. Prior 10.6.8 it wasn't but the 10.6.8 update includes all the necessary drivers.

Anyways, the AMD kernel was released a long time ago. Just a little Google search gave me : http://www.osx86.net...for_10.7.4.html

You can give it a shot and make sure you switch the S-ATA Configuration as AHCI instead of IDE in the bios, or else you won't get past the "Still waiting for root device" error.

Not every HD 6xxx card works, as James pointed out the only way until very recently at least, to get 6770 working is flash to 5770 as they are both almost the same card. Have yet to see a working 6790 too, which is a shame as it's a nice card for just over $100, the rest of the 6xxx lineup is OK. Looks like there may be some recent progress on the 6770 though, had to use google translate on the page so makes it a bit harder to read. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=59975&start=0