Buying a new Hackintosh

42 posts in this topic

Because Mountain Lion and Lion installation are so similar and I want to link for you a tutorial that is newer and uses newer files, take a look at this tutorial written by the gentleman who posted right above me :)http://www.insanelym...howtopic=277015 but substitute ML for newest Lion (10.7.4) and I won't tell you where to get that part. To make the whole process, and life in general, much easier install to a GUID partitioned drive and you will not have to add the "OSInstall" or "OSInstall.mpkg" files from the tutorial as they are only needed when installing to a MBR drive. Fakesmc and nullcpupowermangement files linked should be fine for Lion, use this version of Chameleon Enoch-rev.2003.pkg.zip and this DSDT will hopefully help get you installed https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12515989/DSDT.aml.zip , but is based on older bios rev and will still require nullcpupowermanagement.kext so is for temporary use at best, try installing with no DSDT first and try that one if it won't work without. A proper one will need to be extracted, patched and compiled once the install is done and is up and running, along with some other speed step/power management fixes.

In the tutorial made by fallen101 I'm stuck on:

- if your going to install from a USB we're going to need to install Chameleon

-Run the installer. Select the USB drive and click customize and select the packages you require.

I can't see no customize button.

I'm trying with a friend and we are doing some progress, now, after those long lines of text, the screen goes black and appears text showing errors (I think it's kernel panic).

http://pedrolaia.com/Photo03.JPG

during the chameleon installer, right around where you pick which drive you want to install chameleon onto, a customize button should also appear near the bottom of the window where the "next" and "previous" buttons are. That is a kernel panic, after fixing chameleon, boot with: -v -x -f

if still trouble try: -v -x -f cpus=1

Another thing, since you are using new Ivy Bridge, you'll want to be installing 10.7.4. The kernel may be an issue too, tnymac's bridgehelper 5.0 includes a copy of the ivybridge kernel, but is intended to be used on an existing install that had a patched kernel before. Download it anyway and download Pacifist, use Pacifist to extract the kernel from the installer and copy that kernel to your usb, replacing the one that was there. Again, be using 10.7.4 for the install

• Like 1

Did you replace the kernel? may need to use a patched one if that new one doesn't work. I think it's from the retina macbook software update. I downloaded it so will take a look at the 2 kernels now. Also add kernel=mach_kernel

OK, they are both the same with matching checksums and the intelHD4000 extensions tnymack's has are the same as the ones from the 2012 macbook update. You'll probably want those too. All the files in the bridgehelper are vanilla and come from from that new macbook update except for maybe the cpu powermanagment files. I would extract and install all of them to your usb installer replacing any previous versions that match. Since the installer it comes with from t-mac is made to install on a existing install, it should recognize your usb installer as a valid osx installation if built properly and you should actually be able to just run the installer and choose your usb as the destination drive and let handle copying and replacing all that stuff for you. Then try again :) Updated bios should be helpful not hurtful.

you cannot use iAtkos for this if that's what your still trying to do. You need to "find" 10.7.4 install Lion App and use it to build the installer, anything less will fail.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back from vacation!

Since ML is out I'm going to install ML instead of Lion. Should I create a new thread or can I go on in this one?

I'm still on Vacation gotta love 3g iPad. You can still use this thread. :P

Since I'm getting no response from anywhere for this kernel panic, wouldn't be better to change the cpu?

I've researched and the MB and Graphics card are compatible but since the cpu is one of the new ones maybe the problem is in there.

Since I'm getting no response from anywhere for this kernel panic, wouldn't be better to change the cpu?

I've researched and the MB and Graphics card are compatible but since the cpu is one of the new ones maybe the problem is in there.

Was on my iPad when I saw this... Forgot to respond. But if you where to get a new CPU make sure its under an 3000

But I just receive an answer from a person telling that he did get Lion to run on this CPU but with different MB and Graphics Card.

But then the problem is in between the components and not in the separate components?