No sound after updating to DP4 Update 1 (ALC889)

10 posts in this topic

I have the ex58-UD5 motherboard which is pretty great for a hackintosh. I recently installed DP4 and everything was working but when i went to the update 1 the sound stopped. I put back the AppleHDA.kext that i had used in the Dp4 install that was working but now it doesnt. Ive cleared the cache i even tried DD's installer for the audio kexts but still nothing. Anyone have any idea? Thanks

So are you using a DSDT patched for audio? If not do you have HDA enabler kext? And what do you mean by after rollback to Dp3 version it worked and stopped, when did it stop? Checked settings in MIDI audio in Utilities folder? I know lot of questions, but they will help lead to an answer :)

IK, I got same update too :) Setting I was referring to were NOT the audio settings in system prefs but the midiaudio.app which is located in /Applications/Utilities/

Give this a try, should be the right one for 889, install using kext wizard and backup orig. Then use kext wizard to repair permissions and rebuild caches

AppleHDA.kext.zip

I have two x58A-UD3R and one x58-UD3R boards, on all audio works with DSDT from a site to remain nameless plus AppleHDA (rollback) and ALC8xxHDA kexts. Put both kexts in S/L/E with DSDT in Extra and you will have audio. Do an upgrade and all one has to do is reinstall the AppleHDA.kext. This has been so since the advent of Lion through MountainLion DP versions. I just installed DP4 upgrade one on two different machines, as expected audio did not work at initial boot. Reinstall AppleHDA (rollback) and all is good.

I use DD's script to install kexts. His folders do not contain the necessary audio kexts for my board, but it is simple to add and remove kexts from the script folders.

I have two x58A-UD3R and one x58-UD3R boards, on all audio works with DSDT from a site to remain nameless plus AppleHDA (rollback) and ALC8xxHDA kexts. Put both kexts in S/L/E with DSDT in Extra and you will have audio. Do an upgrade and all one has to do is reinstall the AppleHDA.kext. This has been so since the advent of Lion through MountainLion DP versions. I just installed DP4 upgrade one on two different machines, as expected audio did not work at initial boot. Reinstall AppleHDA (rollback) and all is good.

I use DD's script to install kexts. His folders do not contain the necessary audio kexts for my board, but it is simple to add and remove kexts from the script folders.

Shouldn't need rollback or ALC8xxHDA with proper HDEF edits in the DSDT, but whatever works, go for it!

I am having exactly the same problem here. My motherboard is Asus P8P67 Deluxe of which audio is ALC889. Now the audio looks disabled.

I am using a patched DSDT and patched AppleHDA.

This happened after I installed a security update of ML (around 1.5 GB).

In case you were feeling insecure, now you won't. :) Your probably using voodoo audio for your chipset which does not get removed or changed during updates like patched appleHDA tends to. But if the two conflict and you delete appleHDA to correct it, update could add it back in which case you may need to delete it again.