Ok, done.Attached File  Intel00468086.rom.zip   39.55KB   95 downloads

giofrida

giofrida

InsanelyMac Italy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Ok, done.Attached File  Intel00468086.rom.zip   39.55KB   95 downloads

Then with this rom we can emulate the correct resolution on OS X?

It will be amazing! ^_^

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
am going to try the rom method if it will work i think i might have something interesting to work on combining with what i have tried to do in ApplesamplePCI.Kext

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Hi, I tried to load your modified kext in Lion booted 32bit. I got an error:

Error
/Users/xxx/Desktop/AppleSamplePCI.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I have 1280x720 res no acceleration.

if am not mistaken requested architecture/executable not found means your not booting in 32bits am not sure if lion is only 64bit since ive used it for just couple of days n switch back to snow. but after all it might not work like iwin32 coz your display is not 1366x768 natively am going to add user inputs in info.plist so that every one can add his/her settings of the panel

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Actually, G62, my custom resolution (at least in the max in Windows) IS 1366x768. Maybe it's an EDID issue? The only external monitor I have has a max res of 1024x768 (really useful, right?), so I can't confirm this. Could you try posting all new versions of your kext you have? BTW, giofrida, did you get the VBIOS rom to work? If so, how?

Duncan Leo

Duncan Leo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Wow! Amazing work! I would like to elaborate on the resolution problem tho.

My Think pad with this gpu has a 1280x800 resolution. It is listed in chameleon and I can boot at that resolution.

I have an Acer notebook with HD 3000. It has your resolution-1366x768.

Chameleon does not recognize this resolution. However when I boot to the desktop I get the correct resolution.

The HD 3000 works as MacBookPro 8,1 has this card solo. My Res is detected via AppleIntelSnbGraphicsfb.

Maybe we should ignore chameleon's patching as OSX does read what the frame buffer detects. So for Intel HD graphics, we could also utilize the frame buffer instead of loading a video BIOS or anything.

Btw, if I load the vanilla fb kext in either 10.6/7/8, it recognizes my display as Internal LCD and I have the correct Res. (I can see this through screen sharing as fb only shows back light)

We should focus on fb editing. Good luck!

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
so now we just have to work on framebuffer :D

SaltSachet

SaltSachet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
The framebuffer is what G62 has originally been working on. Correct, G62?

G62, just continue to do what you were doing originally; get the Intel HD graphics chip outputting custom resolutions! :)

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
exact!

Duncan Leo

Duncan Leo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Does anyone by any chance know what functions in the framebuffer kext are causing only the backlight to show?

Attached: IDA Pro decompiled C file for the binary in ./AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS (decompiled 32-bit only)

Any use?

Attached Files

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
G62 can you post your modified kext that can show 1280x800 reso?Thanx

@Duncan Leo - Unfortunately i don't know C.we hope that G62 can do something

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
small update : if i install intelhdgraphisFB and reboot i get the screen divided in 4 distorted part

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

small update : if i install intelhdgraphisFB and reboot i get the screen divided in 4 distorted part

Screenshot, please?

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
i couldn't take screenshot because i cannot see anithing the screen is full of line

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

if am not mistaken requested architecture/executable not found means your not booting in 32bits am not sure if lion is only 64bit since ive used it for just couple of days n switch back to snow. but after all it might not work like iwin32 coz your display is not 1366x768 natively am going to add user inputs in info.plist so that every one can add his/her settings of the panel

Thanks for your infos. I think mountain lion is 64bit only. My screen is natively 1366x768x32. This is the res I get in w7. I don't understand why chameleon is only picking up some resolutions and not others. Maybe the edid is lacking some res or the video bios is malformed. With a working framebuffer this problem would be bypassed.

Cheers!

oki270

oki270

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Framebuffer is not a problem. AppleGraphicsControl kext is. Take a look at IORegistryExplorer of Mac using GMA where WindowServer is attached...(hint: AppleGraphicsControlClient)

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

The framebuffer is what G62 has originally been working on. Correct, G62?

G62, just continue to do what you were doing originally; get the Intel HD graphics chip outputting custom resolutions! :)

yes am working on both since the begining the hardware settings as well as the framebuffer
the chip is already outputting custom resolution but the os does not, thats why if i load the kext it shows 3/4 coz the os is producing image in 1024x768, let me try to prove my point horizontal active pixels for my panel is 1366 and vertical lines is 768
so if i find the ratio of the full displayed desktop part and the total active pixels width in terms of pixels its 1024/1366 which is 3/4 and verticaly the screen is not divided coz the os is at 768 and hardware is at the same setting as i said in my previous post if i change hardware registers entry to 1024x768 the screen show full width and height coz the os also is at tthe same resolution so the real challenge right now is to make the os produce larger image and that where a framebuffer comes in, am not well informed of how framebuffer works in os x so its kinder of working while learning so the process might take some time to prove success or failure
guys who wait for user input wait a while as i work on it.

Does anyone by any chance know what functions in the framebuffer kext are causing only the backlight to show?

Attached: IDA Pro decompiled C file for the binary in ./AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS (decompiled 32-bit only)

Any use?

the backlight and other display settings are controlled by IODisplay class in IOGraphicsFamily.kext i dont know if the framebuffer has some property which couses the backlight to match but even if its so its not easy to find that part in a decompiled file since those files mainly show the control flow of the software but not variables which are important as the flow of controll

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
updated AppleSamplePCI.kext added user inputs
Attached File  AppleSamplePCI.kext 32bit.zip   16.87KB   61 downloads
edit: to the first download before this edit, that kext is not the one download this one instead

below is the preview of info.plist

<key>IOKitPersonalities</key>
<dict>
<key>FirstPersonality</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.YourCompany.driver.AppleSamplePCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleSamplePCI</string>
<key>IOMatchCategory</key>
<string>AppleSamplePCI</string>
<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
<string>0x03000000&amp;0xFF000000</string>
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x00008086&amp;0x0000FFFF</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
<key>IOUserClientClass</key>
<string>AppleSamplePCIUserClient</string>
<key>modeSetting</key>
<dict>
<key>HorizontalActive</key>
<integer>1366</integer>
<key>HorizontalBlankEnd</key>
<integer>1432</integer>
<key>HorizontalBlankStart</key>
<integer>1366</integer>
<key>HorizontalSyncEnd</key>
<integer>1422</integer>
<key>HorizontalSyncStart</key>
<integer>1398</integer>
<key>HorizontalTotal</key>
<integer>1432</integer>
<key>VerticalActive</key>
<integer>768</integer>
<key>VerticalBlankEnd</key>
<integer>806</integer>
<key>VerticalBlankStart</key>
<integer>768</integer>
<key>VerticalSyncEnd</key>
<integer>775</integer>
<key>VerticalSyncStart</key>
<integer>771</integer>
<key>VerticalTotal</key>
<integer>806</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I'm not able to test the kext at the moment, but I assume this is the part for us to modify, correct?

<key>modeSetting</key>
<dict>
<key>HorizontalActive</key>
<integer>1366</integer>
<key>HorizontalBlankEnd</key>
<integer>1432</integer>
<key>HorizontalBlankStart</key>
<integer>1366</integer>
<key>HorizontalSyncEnd</key>
<integer>1422</integer>
<key>HorizontalSyncStart</key>
<integer>1398</integer>
<key>HorizontalTotal</key>
<integer>1432</integer>
<key>VerticalActive</key>
<integer>768</integer>
<key>VerticalBlankEnd</key>
<integer>806</integer>
<key>VerticalBlankStart</key>
<integer>768</integer>
<key>VerticalSyncEnd</key>
<integer>775</integer>
<key>VerticalSyncStart</key>
<integer>771</integer>
<key>VerticalTotal</key>
<integer>806</integer>
</dict>

If so, what exactly should we use for the values?
BTW, were we supposed to insert our device id's into the info.plist? If so, that could explain my issue, because my resolution is 1366x768, but the display is still black.
Also, for those that HAVE gotten this kext to extend the display, I'm wondering...would SwitchResX or any other display-changing application now work? After all, we've activated the Graphics Card and now have our custom resolution for the GPU, but not the OS. SwitchResX might do the rest without any kext modifications?

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
those fields are the detailed timing fields from your edid find a program to read ur edid in windows or linux then find those values and add them, about device id dont wory if ur chipset is intel it will match, switchresx wont work coz it depends on the driver which reads edid override file instead of the original edid from hardware

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gma, clarkdale, arrandale, 5700, intel, hd, fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy