• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
no today i was working on data M/N/TU registers and the screen seem to display full width but blinking with just white gray and red screen so i think i didnt get the values right if anyone knows how to calculate these values accurately i will appreciate your help
the formula is Data M/N = DotClk * BytesPerPixel/ls_clk*# of lanes. i think i didnt get the meaning of ls_clk in some of online docs they define ls_clk as line symbol clock and in xfree.org defined as link clock (1.62GHz or something like 2.7GHz) but am looking forward for help, my intention is to enable this one resolution first then i think it will be easy to add another from EDID implementation and add user inputs in info.plist so that everyone can add configuration of his/her monitor/panel

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Ok (I hope I am not mistaken) the formula for me is : DotCLK (?) * 256 (BytesPerPixel)/2,7 or 1,6 * 16 (number of lanes).the only thing I miss is DotCLK but the formula is correct?

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
DotClk=V total * H total * Refreshrate so 1432*806*60= 69.3MHz
or calculating the dot frequency is: D x 1.25 x fH (the number of dots in a line multiplied by a constant between 1.25 and 1.3 multiplied by the horizontal scanning frequency).
bytesperpixel should be equal to pixel depth which is 32bit so it is 4 or 3 without chromaticity 8bits
# of lanes in intel docs for LVDS port is 4
link clock (?)
also the result is a ratio of M/N but i didnt find anywhere with a relationship of M and N so i cant solve for M value alone or N
which is a major challenge also there is ambiguity in words dotclk and pixelClock
couse in link M/N=pixelClk/ls_clk

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Damn.. D: if you want help i could be a tester

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
i have found some doc with explanation on these values they are used to control clocks (phase locked loop(PLL)) n i found they are not necessary for the time being since the hardware default works fine i tried to change the resolution to 1024*768 n it fill the whole screen but if i change it to 1280*800 it shows a duplicate on right and bottom with correct aspect ratio so according to my understanding the issue is due to the os producing smaller picture on the larger screen so the solution is to add the resolution in the frame buffer coz its where we can add these resolution to the os

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
So you can add the resolution in the FB?

G62

G62

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
working on it, for hours i cant boot with added mode timings i think i need more experience on it coz i did it wrong, i use the IOGraphics sources but modified somehow if i remove the added part i can reach the desktop but at 1024x768 and without qe/ci coz it couses distortions

i wonder if its only jaller and me the applesamplePCI.kext worked or some people dont like to contribute on the topic
i would like to know if it works or didnt so that i can know am on the right direction or i should change the approach

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
I'm sending this post to many people who have this graphics card as we do so they can test your modified ApplesampleCPU and maybe give you a hand about modified framebuffer ;)

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hi, I tried to load your modified kext in Lion booted 32bit. I got an error:

Error
/Users/xxx/Desktop/AppleSamplePCI.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I have 1280x720 res no acceleration.

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Because this kext load only with snow 10.6.7 32bit D: .... how did you get that resolution?

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Ok, thanks for the reply. I got that res adding:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32@60</string>

to: org.chameleon.Boot.plist
When I boot chameleon and select video info 1280x720 is my best resolution.

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for the reply but what pc you have?

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Toshiba satellite pro s500 with only integrated graphic card on the i3-350m processor.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 33.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16
Serial Number (system):
Hardware UUID:

IntelHDGraphics:

Chipset Model: IntelHDGraphics
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 771 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0046
Revision ID: 0x0002
Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 720
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
But you have used Manor's kext?

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Yes I think they are Manor's. I messed so much with that I don't even remember. They aren't loaded anyway.

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
well if kext aren't loaded how did you get that resolution? i have your same processor (i3 but 380m).. O.o

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
At boot time, chameleon reads VESA modes from the VIDEO BIOS. I set 1366x768 but because that VESA resolution is not present or not correctly detected chameleon uses the next best resolution that is 1280x720 and passes it to the OS.

SaltSachet

SaltSachet

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Pentothal is correct. The best VESA mode resolution available on my system is 1024x768.

Some people who have our 5700 intel HD card are lucky enough that their system does actually have a VESA mode resolution that is equal to the actual resolution of their display, so they can get a nice and crisp full resolution even though they have no graphics card at all loaded.

For us who have systems with VESA modes that only max out at resolutions like 1024x768 when our actual display resolution is, say, 1366x768, we need a graphics card loaded that can render the 1366x768 video output, otherwise we are stuck at 1024x768. Hopefully, G62 will be able to get these higher resolutions working on 5700.

(Someone correct me if anything I've said is incorrect. Afterall, I'm just a noob who has been following the Intel 5700 news closely)

pentothal

pentothal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
If we could pass to chameleon a mofied video bios .rom containing the native resolution of our lcd panel we should be able to have the same res in the OS.
We won't have hardware acceleration but, at least, we would have a decent resolution.
I have dumped my VIDEO BIOS .rom file but I cannot open the file with hex editors. I get:"Invalid ROM Length" error.
It would be great if chameleon's next builds would allow users to select a VBIOS .rom file to be passed to the bootloader during startup. This should override the default read location with our modified .rom VBIOS.

Thanks to all!

jaller

jaller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Can you post your VBIOS here? Thanx!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gma, clarkdale, arrandale, 5700, intel, hd, fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy