[FIXED] Intel GMA HD 5700MHD

All Kand

107 posts in this topic

working on it, for hours i cant boot with added mode timings i think i need more experience on it coz i did it wrong, i use the IOGraphics sources but modified somehow if i remove the added part i can reach the desktop but at 1024x768 and without qe/ci coz it couses distortions

i wonder if its only jaller and me the applesamplePCI.kext worked or some people dont like to contribute on the topic

i would like to know if it works or didnt so that i can know am on the right direction or i should change the approach

I'm sending this post to many people who have this graphics card as we do so they can test your modified ApplesampleCPU and maybe give you a hand about modified framebuffer ;)

Hi, I tried to load your modified kext in Lion booted 32bit. I got an error:

Error

/Users/xxx/Desktop/AppleSamplePCI.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I have 1280x720 res no acceleration.

Toshiba satellite pro s500 with only integrated graphic card on the i3-350m processor.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i3

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed: 33.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C

SMC Version (system): 1.58f16

Serial Number (system):

Hardware UUID:

IntelHDGraphics:

Chipset Model: IntelHDGraphics

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 771 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0002

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 720

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

At boot time, chameleon reads VESA modes from the VIDEO BIOS. I set 1366x768 but because that VESA resolution is not present or not correctly detected chameleon uses the next best resolution that is 1280x720 and passes it to the OS.

Pentothal is correct. The best VESA mode resolution available on my system is 1024x768.

Some people who have our 5700 intel HD card are lucky enough that their system does actually have a VESA mode resolution that is equal to the actual resolution of their display, so they can get a nice and crisp full resolution even though they have no graphics card at all loaded.

For us who have systems with VESA modes that only max out at resolutions like 1024x768 when our actual display resolution is, say, 1366x768, we need a graphics card loaded that can render the 1366x768 video output, otherwise we are stuck at 1024x768. Hopefully, G62 will be able to get these higher resolutions working on 5700.

(Someone correct me if anything I've said is incorrect. Afterall, I'm just a noob who has been following the Intel 5700 news closely)

If we could pass to chameleon a mofied video bios .rom containing the native resolution of our lcd panel we should be able to have the same res in the OS.

We won't have hardware acceleration but, at least, we would have a decent resolution.

I have dumped my VIDEO BIOS .rom file but I cannot open the file with hex editors. I get:"Invalid ROM Length" error.

It would be great if chameleon's next builds would allow users to select a VBIOS .rom file to be passed to the bootloader during startup. This should override the default read location with our modified .rom VBIOS.

Thanks to all!

Hi, I tried to load your modified kext in Lion booted 32bit. I got an error:

Error

/Users/xxx/Desktop/AppleSamplePCI.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I have 1280x720 res no acceleration.

if am not mistaken requested architecture/executable not found means your not booting in 32bits am not sure if lion is only 64bit since ive used it for just couple of days n switch back to snow. but after all it might not work like iwin32 coz your display is not 1366x768 natively am going to add user inputs in info.plist so that every one can add his/her settings of the panel

Actually, G62, my custom resolution (at least in the max in Windows) IS 1366x768. Maybe it's an EDID issue? The only external monitor I have has a max res of 1024x768 (really useful, right?), so I can't confirm this. Could you try posting all new versions of your kext you have? BTW, giofrida, did you get the VBIOS rom to work? If so, how?

Wow! Amazing work! I would like to elaborate on the resolution problem tho.

My Think pad with this gpu has a 1280x800 resolution. It is listed in chameleon and I can boot at that resolution.

I have an Acer notebook with HD 3000. It has your resolution-1366x768.

Chameleon does not recognize this resolution. However when I boot to the desktop I get the correct resolution.

The HD 3000 works as MacBookPro 8,1 has this card solo. My Res is detected via AppleIntelSnbGraphicsfb.

Maybe we should ignore chameleon's patching as OSX does read what the frame buffer detects. So for Intel HD graphics, we could also utilize the frame buffer instead of loading a video BIOS or anything.

Btw, if I load the vanilla fb kext in either 10.6/7/8, it recognizes my display as Internal LCD and I have the correct Res. (I can see this through screen sharing as fb only shows back light)

We should focus on fb editing. Good luck!