• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

lamentofking

lamentofking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
My Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 is running on 10.6.6 and all the devices that were reported to work with this netbook do work...except Wi-Fi . :(

I am at least able to see networks, but after I connect I get the Alert: No Internet Connection Message . I thought it might be just my connection so I tried to connect to another open connection without a wpa2 password (i heard those were iffy) and same thing . My router is giving off an N connection speed I'm sure (I have Fios Internet) . I have an Atheros AR9285 card . dev id 168c x 002b . I've been searching for solutions but I still cannot get this wifi card to be fully functional . I'll note that in system preferences it says Airport Self-Assigned IP and then the yellow ball right beside it. When I manually assign an IP it turns green but then the Airport doesn't seem to like the iP or doesn't accept changes and goes back to it's default IP.

lamentofking

lamentofking

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Anyone ?

MacFaulty

MacFaulty

InsanelyNut

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Interests:IT Management and creating web apps
Hmm... This is a vague one.
I have the same card, check my signature; laptop, and works O-O-B.

You might want to try one of the 10.6.8 kext. Though, not sure which to replace. And if you set your router to auto b/g/n instead of n only? Does that work?

Hope this helps

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ar9285, 002b, 168c, 1012, dell, mini, atheros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy