DP3 up and running!

eep357

31 posts in this topic

I use the same steps here to create DP3 USB bootable stick.

DP3 installation not as smooth as DP2. Chameleonboot loader [Chameleon_2.1svn_r1820_trunk_10.8] on USB install stick = no mouse/keyboard. Chimera bootloader [v1.8 & above] on USB install stick = hung at BIOS screen.

Workaround for me is to boot with current Chimera 1.9.1 on my OSX lion and then load the DP3 USB stick to start the installation process. I installed on top of my previous DP2.

-Using patched AppleRTC for CMOS reset, then use AppleAHCIPort, IOAHCIFamily from 10.7.3 to resolve disk eject error when wake from sleep.

-Using same DSDT [the one] from Lion, Lnx2Mac Ethernet and Patched AppleHDA for ALC892.

post-981946-0-98556200-1335046034_thumb.png

Nah dropping support would make it entirely not work, not just boot longer. It's prolly something in that particular kext that is loading/slowing it down.

As much as the X58 was never used in the Mac, the Mac Pros did use the 1366 socket (i.e. the same CPU chips) and the DSDT pretty much does the rest of the work.

I have a pretty much perfectly working system otherwise, including sleep/shutdown, Ethernet, GTX 570 video etc... with minimal kexts (really only FakeSMC and OpenHaltRestart). This slow boot is the only little thing that's left annoying me. Lion just boots so much quicker than ML right now, makes me sad :( I really don't wanna use an old SL kext if I can keep 100% vanilla ML!

You can enable sleep with your sabertooth x58? please share how you did that. All I got when putting it to sleep is the blinking power button and running fan, don't think it even reach the sleep state. =[

Hi,

I have installed Mountain Lion DP3 following the guide on this site and everything is working bar iCloud. All that happens is it tells me: Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud. Try signing in again. I have tried Chimera 1.9.1 and the latest Chameleon 1924. Also I have a DSDT which worked perfectly for my old Lion install. Any help would be appreciated as I rely on iCloud and am using it fine on my MacBook Pro.

Regards

Can't get DP3 to work. I restored the BaseSystem.dmg to a 10GB Partition of my second HDD. I copied the mach_kernel to the Root of my Installer HDD. I deleted the Packages File and copied the Packages Folder to System/Installation. I copied FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to System/Library/Extensions on the Installer HDD. I booted from the USB Stick with the Chameleon Installer 1890 (worked fine with DP2) and selected my Installer HDD with -v. Then the .kexts load (looks like Matrix) and the last line i could read was "NVDHAL50.kext was loaded and registered" it stops there.After some Seconds the Display justgo Black and nothing happend anymore. The PC doesn't reboot or anything the Display is just Black and the PC is on. What can I do to make DP3 work? DP and DP2 and Lion worked very fine on my System.

Intel Q8400

6GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 275

I ran into this same problem.

Try selecting your "DP3 install" for booting, from your existing version of chameleon (10.6 or 10.7), not from the version created for 10.8.

Hopefully, you have a working 10.6 or 10.7 system on a separate drive or partition.

hi Folks,

i have the same Problem, only Linen and SPoD.

Booting -x didnt work for me, because my 6870HD makes then a white Screen without Cursor...

aargh...

Bootloader tried out, actual (1924 back to 1908) no change...

havent another Graphic Card for testing...

Yeah, as I mentioned in the OP, don't include chameleon or extra folder items other than smbios on your installer. Just boot as normal using prior chameleon/OSX install, but choose your ML installer instead at the chameleon boot menu, and don't forget to copy over mach_kernel which I forgot to mention earlier. and if you can't use -x just use UseKernelCache=no.