Can anyone hel me in my quest to install Lion on PC?

Baldur2630

31 posts in this topic

I created a Mac CD with MacDrive and copied all the relevant Mac stuff to it.

I booted my Mac and it read the disk fine. I used the kext helper and installed the ATI5000Injector.kext (I see there is another folder called ATI Kexts-Lion with lots of files. I did NOT do anything with these - should I have done?)

It installed successfully and told me to reboot - I didn't.

I used System Info and found the VendorID of the ATI Card to be 1002 and the Device ID to be 69f9 and the device for the Radeon Sound (I don't use) aa68

At this point I'm STUCK. I have NO idea how to add the device ID and Vendor ID to

/System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX3000.kext/Contents/Info.plist. I used Terminal to find the file and found in Google that you can use open, so I did manage to open the file Info.plist, but it tells me that I can't write to it and worse still WHERE in the file do I add the info?

Is there a command like sudo in Mac?

Where do I add the Vendor and device ID, it's quite a big file, Please be VERY explicit. Remember I have HUGE Mac 'L' plates!

I found out how to enable the root account on the Mac Lion, so I logged in as root and edited the two files. Rebooted with the -f and got kernel panic again. Rebooted with -x and got the same message - unsupported card.

However the Graphics suddenly changed and the ATI Radeon is now working - a bit slow for a card with 1GB RAM, but at least we are progressing.

System Info now shows my Sound as

Intel High Definition Audio (built in) but it's disabled in the BIOS! My Audigy was listed in the System Info when I used the system info in the "

2. Use System Information to figure out device id and vendor id of graphics card". My Atheros NIC isn't working either.

Well, now I'm nearly there! I managed to get the Atheros NIC working, so now I have Video and Network + Internet.

I can boot now without the -x but I still get a message unknown card at the top of the screen.

I took out the Soundblaster Audigy but I've tried all the solutions for audio that I could find (different versions of VoodooHDA) to get the Intel N10/ICH7 High Definition Audio working. I installed the kext but maybe there is some file that I must edit with the device and vendor id??

If I can get sound working, all that's left is the USB Mouse and I'm home and dry with this machine!

Any suggestions for the Audio would be much appreciated..

I have a perfectly installed and working Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion (updated, the works). Only one thing missing AUDIO!!!

I was away most of this week, but I've been battling all day to get the Audio to work. It's the only thing left. And for a musician, a PC without sound is like a Pub or Bar with no alcohol!!!

Pretty please with cherries on top, can someone, ANYONE help me to get the Audio working. Don't mention ######. It doesn't like my system. I tried it twice and both times it trashed the installation totally!

Other than the Audio, everything is 100%