Full resolution with qe & ci achived on ATI Mobility 4570 studio 1555 on iAtkos 10.7.2...Finally..!

Pr8ik

10 posts in this topic

:welcomeani:..First of all I want to thank Xzeil for adding custom personalities to Aticontroller4600.kext & guiding me through this...

What you have to do:

As the topic says the guide is to enable qe & ci & get full resolution 1368*768 on dell studio 1555 having graphics card Ati mobility radeon HD 4570

You need to have following:

1. iAtkos l2 (10.7.2) installed on your studio or install it (It's very easy, while installation select ATY.init during customization or install the it mannually, given in attached file)

2. After a succesful installation you need to install the Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_4570m_Shrike given in the attached file(it's a .pkg file too easy to install).

3.Then you have to install the following kexts from the attached files(say copy & replace, or else it will panic) & repair the permissions using kext wizard or kext utility.

4. You will have to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes while booting.

5. You will have to patch you DSDT using DSDTSE utility or perhaps you can use my DSDT(Given in the attached file, woked for me but not sure if it'll work for you or nor since my system is in my signature.. :( ), to patch your DSDT follow Xzeil's guide(once again thanks Xzeil) ..http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=272953

6.That's it...Celebrate :guitar:

What I did :

1.Fresh installation of iAtkos l2.

2. Used Xzeil's Aticontroller4600.kext

3. Added support of shrike personality in ATY_Init.kext(Just edited info.plist file under ati 4600 family replaced motmot personality by shrike ) since everytime I was getting an error Radionmonitor Unkon device id..bhla bhla...took a lot of time to figure out. :wallbash:..but finally victory... :thumbsup_anim: :-)

4.Patched my DSDT, put it at /.

5.Reboot

6.Celebrated.... :trumpet:

Enjoy.

Keep geeking around...! :weight_lift:

My System.rar

DSDTSE.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2. After a succesful installation you need to install the Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_4570m_Shrike given in the attached file(it's a .pkg file too easy to install).

Mate, please attach the Chameleon file. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

1st thing: please excuse my so poor english but i only speak french :(

i've successfully installed Lion 10.7.2 on my old Dell Studio 1555 with the Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_4570m_Shrike as bootloader.

So my question is: can i use the newest version of chameleon instead of this one or will a change generate some troubles ?

Is there a "4570m version" of Chameleon 2.1 ? thx

• 2 months later...

Hi, my name is paolo...

i installed correctly 10.7.2 on my dell studio 15... but on the startup ican only enter in the system with "-x -v npci=0x2000 pci=off GraphicsEnabler=no"... can i have Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_4570m_Shrike...??

I read the procedure to configure using the information from post #14, but i can't... it's the first installation for me and my english is poor!

I need a help please... How i config my chamaleon? can someone upload Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_4570m_Shrike version??

• 3 months later...