'About This Mac' crashes - I've tried everything!

audio84

5 posts in this topic

Hey,

So I've got a working 10.5.8 installation on my HP Pavilion DV6500 AMD laptop. It has 4GB DDR2 RAM and an AMD Turion 64 1.9Ghz TL-58 processor, with an FSB of 200 and a ratio of 9.5.

Everything is running gorgeously, apart from this ridiculous 'About This Mac' window! Whenever I click on it, finder crashes and re-launches.

I've tried several AppleSMBIOS.kext files, the AppleSMBIOS ToH installer, and I can't seem to get it to work at all.

I've used iAtkos7 with the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Have you tryed to restore back to orginal applesmbios.kext, then update your chameleon and just let chameleon handle the smbios part... or if you want full control make a smbios.plist that you let chameleon load... Tho i would try just no smbios.plist and just let chameleon do the rest.

Thanks for the help. When you say to update Chameleon, or to try no smbios.plist - how would I go

about doing this?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with Chameleon 2's options.

EDIT: Just had a look for smbios.plist in the /Extra folder, and it's not there? I've definitely got Chameleon installed...

You got chameleon 1 installed and that did not have all the smbios and graphicsenabler stuff as chameleon 2 got.

Well you cna find unofficial chameleon 2 installers on this forum else there are also apps that can help you using gui to the settings in chameleon and smbios like http://www.osx86.net/view/2050-chameleon_wizard.html and that can update chameleon for you also.