'About This Mac' crashes - I've tried everything!

about this mac crash finder smbios

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

audio84

audio84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hey,

So I've got a working 10.5.8 installation on my HP Pavilion DV6500 AMD laptop. It has 4GB DDR2 RAM and an AMD Turion 64 1.9Ghz TL-58 processor, with an FSB of 200 and a ratio of 9.5.

Everything is running gorgeously, apart from this ridiculous 'About This Mac' window! Whenever I click on it, finder crashes and re-launches.

I've tried several AppleSMBIOS.kext files, the AppleSMBIOS ToH installer, and I can't seem to get it to work at all.

I've used iAtkos7 with the 9.5.0 Voodoo kernel. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

audio84

audio84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Update: Just installed Voodoo 9.8.0 and still no luck. Anyone?

Mushishi

Mushishi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Have you tryed to restore back to orginal applesmbios.kext, then update your chameleon and just let chameleon handle the smbios part... or if you want full control make a smbios.plist that you let chameleon load... Tho i would try just no smbios.plist and just let chameleon do the rest.

audio84

audio84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for the help. When you say to update Chameleon, or to try no smbios.plist - how would I go
about doing this?

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with Chameleon 2's options.

EDIT: Just had a look for smbios.plist in the /Extra folder, and it's not there? I've definitely got Chameleon installed...

Mushishi

Mushishi

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
You got chameleon 1 installed and that did not have all the smbios and graphicsenabler stuff as chameleon 2 got.

Well you cna find unofficial chameleon 2 installers on this forum else there are also apps that can help you using gui to the settings in chameleon and smbios like http://www.osx86.net...eon_wizard.html and that can update chameleon for you also.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: about, this, mac, crash, finder, smbios

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy