3 replies to this topic

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hey guys,

So I decided to bite the bullet, and since I already had access to it anyway, installed Mountain Lion on my hackintosh.

Everything works, except my audio.

I have an ASUS P5N-D motherboard with an nForce 750i chipset and a Realtek ALC883 audio codec. I already have a patched DSDT (thanks to verdant), which allows me to see the "Intel High Definition Audio Device" in System Profiler.

Now what i need is a properly patched AppleHDA.kext to allow me to use my SPDIF output, but i couldn't find one yet.

I don't want to use VoodooHDA. since it always resets the audio settings on boot.

I know I could script that, but I just want it to work natively.

Oh, and i also know that I desperately need to upgrade to one of these fancy Gigabyte UD-series motherboards but, we'll see about that when I have the money.

Thank you guys in advance for your awesome work

Tobias

bergoulle

bergoulle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
i m using this one with P5K.

Attached Files

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I'm guessing that both of our motherboards use exactly the same audio chip, so I'll try that tomorrow.

tobiastimpe

tobiastimpe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Apparently it didn't work, so it checked out the AppleHDA.kext patching thread but verbit doesn't work (gives me a "ERROR: This doesn't appear to be an alsa codec dump file
" error).

Can somebody patch me a AppleHDA.kext with the attached codec dump made directly from Ubuntu?

Tobias

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lion, Realtek, ALC883, ASUS, P5N-D, Audio, AppleHDA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy