Change resolution with no video drivers

vince.vin37

11 posts in this topic

Hi , my Hazard 1.6.6i (Snow Leopard) is stuck to default resolution 1024x768 which does not fit my display (characters too long/bold)

I need, in fact, 1366x768x32@60

I have C-50 AMD CPU

and AMD RADEON HD 6250 video card

every graphic mode I entered in Chameleon at startup doesn't work "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" or "1280x800x32" (the late 1280.. was found typing ?video but loading 1024, in fact)

I'll be trying modyfing com.apple.boot.plist, but I don't know if it will worK.

In fact, I can't find a Kext for my card and my OS.

Yes it will. That's what the GraphicsMode flag does; it forces a resolution if you can't do it yourself in the Mac OS GUI. You actually had it backwards; I've tried using the flag on a supported video card (for example my Radeon X1300) and it didn't work, but for an unsupported card (a.k.a. no kext available; for example my Radeon X600) it did work.

If you are saying you tried it and it didn't work, most likely the syntax is incorrect. For example, in your example you gave, the resolution should not be in quotes. Also, I'm sure you probably can do "Graphics Mode", but I always use GraphicsMode=1200x800x32.

If you are using a newer version of Chameleon (a.k.a. Chameleon 2.1 or later) Lizard will not work, because Lizard is only for versions that use com.apple.boot.plist. Newer versions of Chameleon use org.chameleon.boot.plist. Try adding this to the end of your plist (above the )

GraphicsMode

yourxresolutionx32

What is the issue with graphics injection?

@PookyMacMan, My netbook has gma 3150 and no available kext. I'd like to edit the plist to fix the resolution. I'm thinking about upgrading to chameleon 2.1. Would I be able to upgrade and edit the plist using chameleon wizrd or what's the ideal way to do it? TIA

Well, you can use Chameleon Wizard or manually in Terminal via nano. Just don't use Lizard since it only supports com.apple.boot.plist. Use Chameleon Wizard or edit it in Terminal with this command:

sudo nano /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist

Your choice. ;)