[How To] Lenovo z370 (i3-2330m HD3000(8086 0116))

- - - - - hd3000 is 2330m z370 80860116 0x80860116 8080 0116

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Remaking the USB makes it work again, until I patch it to work on MBR, at which point it always freezes with the 'still waiting for root device' message, or if I am not using a verbose output it freezes at the apple logo. Tried both versions of the patch and no luck so far. Thanks for the advice though, as Ive gotten much closer than I had before posting here!

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
You do realise when your doing the usb mbr patch that the 2 osinstall files are for different locations on the usb?
There isn't 2 versions of the patch. There's 2 separate files which need copying to 2 separate locations (regardless of them having the same name they are NOT the same thing).

Follow step 3 (http://www.macbreake...-partition.html) and don't try ignoring bits and rushing, it does work.

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I mean Ive tried both versions of both files, there is a 10.7.3 version and a 10.7.0 version listed on that site

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
So...
Where did you get your copy of OS X from? (can we verify its version?)
And what is your exact z370 config?

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I got my copy from the App store a while ago, and it just tells me it is version 10.7

I'm downloading a newer version of the disk image (10.7.4) In case that works
My Z370 has an intel i5, and an NVIDIA GEFORCE video card
BIOS config is Legacy USB Support - Enabled
WLAN Device - Enabled
SATA - AHCI
Optimus device - Optimus Graphic (disabling this just slows down the graphics and gives me the same error)
Intel Virtual Technology - Disabled (No noticeable difference when enabling this)

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
I doubt 10.7.4 is gonna be any use to you....

Try the kernel flags:
npci=0x2000
PCIRootID=1
Try them individually & together and see what happens

If you get nowhere try the same again but with PCIRootID=0

Failing that try this:
http://apple2pc.blog...oot-device.html

Failing that I could take you through an iAtkos install but its a {censored} way of doing it.

Let me know the results of above, if I can get it going I will.

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
None of those flags make any difference, Ill try remaking the USB one last time, just in case Ive messed it up patching it somehow

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
If it doesn't work after patching try the link above, if that doesn't work its down to searching google and luck. Its a common error so it must have a fix somewhere.

If you genuinely think your doing everything right then I would suggest you install on GUID and see if everything works first.
Have you verified you device ID's with mine? Its possible there shipping different parts in them and, as I've said, this guide & MBR patch has worked for numerous people on this laptop so should work for you.

Try to tackle MBR later once you've checked every things working & your not wasting your time in vain (again after install it won't take you long to see if its working as it should). Trying to do everything at once is never a good idea.

One last thing to try would be to completely wipe the hard drive and format it to a GUID table with a single hfs partition (or exfat or FAT32 - in that order of preference, use the first one your partitioning tool will allow - don't use NTFS). Then boot the installer and see what happens.
Its not impossible it simply doesn't like your partition scheme.

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Well, the 10.7.4 image works great! :)
My old version must have corrupt or missing files or something.
Anyway, now when I try to boot the installed OS, It gets stuck on "Connect a wireless mouse or trackpad". Although I can move the mouse around perfectly, it appears to not register I have one connected, I assume I need to install the kexts to get this to work, do I install these in single user mode or something?

edit: I found someone with a similar problem who was told to add a plist file to their system, I'll try that
http://www.osx86.net...ckpad-help.html
The file was removed due to infringement so I wont be able to download it
edit2:Fooled OS into thinking the setup had been done by creating a file called '.AppleSetupDone' in /var/db and removing the lines
<string>DeviceSection</string>
and
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>
from /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist
after booting with -s

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
You could have just plugged a USB mouse / keyboard in.

How far have we got? OS X up and running?

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Well, just finished the guide, it feels excellent to have a triple boot set up,
I suggest you add a few things to the first post in case people have laptops with different hardware:
If you use an nvidia card, you will need to boot with PCIRootUID=0
And also that weird thing about the external monitor
thanks for the guide! :)

Post installation notes-
  • Before booting OS X I had to set a root password- boot the USB
Goto Utilities
Terminal
resetpassword
  • I had to remove grub from the MBR before installing chameleon
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=446 count=1 (from my linux partition)
And after installing chameleon I had to copy that boot1h file
If you want to make a backup of your MBR before removing it (highly recommended)
dd if=/dev/sda of=/path/to/backup/mbr-backup bs=512 count=1

thanks for the support in this thread as well btw, Ill be sure to watch this in case anyone has similar problems I had

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
Ah I was leaning towards the hard drive boot record / partitioning being the problem.

External monitor note was added this afternoon (its had a pretty big refresh today including adding the dsdt to the extra folder - unedited so far but i'll be working on it in future).
I'll add the RootID fix as well. Since I don't have the nvidia card can I ask if the RoodID fix is a requirement to boot or to remove the external monitor requirement?

The root password thing is a new one on me.

Did you create a data partiton to point your home directories to? The triple boot setup is just impractical if data isn't in a shared location.

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I havent set up a shared data partition yet, what format do you recommend I set it up as? NTFS?

PCIRootUID=0 is a must for use with the nvidia card, it does not remove the external monitor requirement
May I ask what the dsdt file is for? Should I add it in to my extra folder?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
I'll update the nvidia thing in a bit.

I would actually lean towards hfs.
Either way your going to need to get (most likely buy) an NTFS driver for mac or a hfs driver for windows.

My recommended setup would be as follows (if your still on the 500GB HDD & use your head a bit regarding sizes - you know what you need):
60gb for OS X (mac software is small) (hfs)
75gb for windows (unless you intend on gaming then a bit more for the games) (ntfs)
40gb linux (you'll never fill this) (ext4)
and the rest in an extended partition (325gb) data (formatted either ntfs of hfs - if windows will be your primary os use ntfs, if mac will be your primary os use hfs) (I suggest you call this by whatever username you intend on using for os x)

This is my setup and i've hit no issues.

The easiest way to do it is use the os x installer to create the partition scheme, then install windows & update it to service pack 1 (can be issues doing this after installing os x)
Then install os x & linux (make sure linux bootloader is installed to the same partition as linux itself or it will overwrite chameleon).

Don't do anything apart from install the operating systems and the paragon drivers. Once you've got your basic setup fine with windows 7 @ sp1 then boot into OS X go to /users/*your user name* copy the folders in here to the data partition (music documents etc) then:
Go to system -> users & groups -> unlock it -> right click your username -> advanced settings -> change your home directory to the data partition.
Reboot and your OS X home partition should have moved to the data partition.

Now you can go into windows and right click your home folders (down the left hand side of explorer) click properties or whatever it is and point the folder path to the data partition.

and you can change your ubuntu folders using this guide (its easy i just can't be bothered writing it out):
http://www.howtogeek...dropbox-folder/

You can get the hfs / ntfs drivers from paragon here (check the promo offer to get access across everything - i've used them for a few month and can confirm there stability - they also offer trial versions if you don't want to pay to start with):
http://www.paragon-s...ml?affChecked=1
http://www.paragon-s...ntfs-linux-per/

EDIT: I assume your using the nvidia card in os x? Does the hdmi port work with my kexts / smbios or are you using the 8.3 smbios and ignoring the edited hd3000 frame buffer kext?

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Thanks for the compatibility tips, I didn't know it was possible to enable HFS+ writing on windows, I'll get one of the drivers

The 8.3 smbios works perfectly, thanks. I just installed all the kexts, are you recommending I don't install one?

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts

I was thinking AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

(mentioned on the previous page) was in the attachment but I've just double checked and it isn't so never mind that bit.

Basically for my i3 I need the FB kext editing plus the 8.2 smbios editing. However I believe for your i5 you don't need the FB kext and the 8.3 smbios should be fine.
Just to confirm you've got HDMI output working fine with the 8.3 smbios? - i'll update the guide again if so.

Also if you did install all the kexts then: I mention in the guide that the battery kexts can cause infrequent kernel panic so if you've installed those and you do get KPs I suggest there the ones you remove first.

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Yes HDMI output is working fine, I havent had any KP's since installing the kexts in your attachment, but I'll delete the battery ones if I do

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

ijustwanttodownloadstuff

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
update: Had a few kernel panics so I deleted the battery kexts (about a week ago) havent had a single one since.
Tried to remap the keyboard layout to the Z370 one, but OSX wont recognise the layout file I created, here it is if anybody wants to try it. Just place it in /library/preferences/keyboard layouts/ then go system prefs>user input> and it should show up
(I'll upload the file later today)

pflaume

pflaume

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Hey guys,

I got myself a Z370 too. It's configuration is: i5, 8 GB RAM, Hitachi 500GB and nVidia graphics. The WiFi card is a Broadcom card, so I guess I have to use some other kexts.
But after reading all the posts in this thread, I got kinda confused (new to hackintosh) and got some question:
1. Should I install OS X from an original DVD / ISO or iatkos?
2. I'm having a Lion 10.7.4 VM running on Windows, can I use it for preparation?
3. How do I copy smbios.plist and the other stuff after installing OS X?

Thanks for help.

Regards
pflaume

rockinron_1

rockinron_1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired
  • 396 posts
1. iAtkos shouldn't be used, even if you ignore the fact it is illegal its a poor way of getting os x on your z370. If you want it to be legal then you should download a copy from the app store, if not i'm sure you can find a copy of the iso hanging about the internet.
2. Absolutely, i used u n i b e a s t which can be found with a quick google (you'll have to register to tonys site to download it), its a very simple guide to install it. Simply get your iso of os x inside your virtual machine along with the u n i b e a s t installer and install it to a usb stick.
3. I've attached an updated copy of my attachment for your i5. To install the kexts you simply drag and drop them onto kext utility. To install the extra folder you just copy it to the root of your OS X drive (i.e. in osx finder click "computer" then *name of OSX drive* and paste it there).

Now the only big(ish) issues at the moment are that the battery sensor can cause kernel panics (better not to install it), sleep doesn't work, and the keyboard isn't mapped to the os x layout so a couple of the keys are swapped around. I will be working on these issues in a few weeks time though.

When you install the kexts I suggest you ignore the following 3 (the battery ones and the ones for the atheros wi-fi card):
AppleACPIBatteryManager
Apple SmartBatteryManager
IO80211 family

If your not sure what you doing regarding the broadcom card if you can get the chipset model and the device id's I'll see if i can find a kext for it.

Given the success we've had with os x on this laptop before then if you want to give it a go we should get you up and running within a couple of hours.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd3000, is, 2330m, z370, 80860116, 0x80860116, 8080 0116

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy