• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

qurgh

qurgh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yesterday I installed iBooks Author on my 10.7.2 VMWare install, but when I run it I get a blank panel where the editable area is supposed to be. The cursor even changes when I move over areas, but I can't see any of the text/images on a page.

I have it running with 1.5GB of RAM and I've installed the latest VMWare Tools from the darwin.iso in the unlock-all package. I've included a screenshot to show what's happening.

Has anyone else tried iBook Author in a VM? Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

PS: I'm new to this forum and If this is the wrong place for this post, I humbly ask a mod to move it to the right one.

Edit: The same thing appears to be happening in iPhoto. It shows the photo previews, but when I click a photo the photo area just goes to the grey background without displaying the image. I tried installing the VMsvga2 driver, but that didn't help either.

Attached Files

NameIsDavid

NameIsDavid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am experiencing the same issue and have tried similar solutions, including toggling the 3D Acceleration support (no effect). If I toggle the orientation toolbar button from landscape to portrait and back, I can see the template briefly during the transition before the window becomes blank again. My guess is a video driver incompatibility. I found another report of this on a Dutch site for Lion running in VMWare Fusion, so it appears to be common to both the Windows and OS X host platforms.

danimal611

danimal611

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Having the exact same problem! Any update? Help!

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
Probably needs QE/CI and there are no video drivers that support it for VMware's video adapter. So I think you are stuck with it not working.

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
Good to know, but a pity

sebus

Dennis Stout

Dennis Stout

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm suffering this exact issue too.

I've tried everything :P

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
Won't work as needs QE/CI.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• Retired
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
Donk is correct QE/CI needs to be working for the majority of the apps that Apple makes so it serves no real purpose to use OS X virtualized if you intend on using those apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy