63 replies to this topic

crowebster

crowebster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi Kizwan!

Tried to patch Lion AppleHDA.kext with no success!

I get these lines:

Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == codecFound" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1449 goto handler
Feb 12 02:32:05: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2037 goto Exit
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

And no sound!

Did all steps in #2 post but no go!

Don't have acces to AppleHDA.kext from 10.7.3 - but 10.7.2 should do just the same, right?

Help?!
Thanks!

P.S.
Could you send me materials or links explaining ATI (Shrike, Peregrine,..) connection table (what part of hex code is for what)?

Bye
Mario

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Maybe a stupid question but what are the advantages of Lion AppleHDA vs Snow Leopard AppleHDA?

Good question but when possible, always use latest version.

Hi Kizwan!

Tried to patch Lion AppleHDA.kext with no success!

I get these lines:

Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == codecFound" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 1449 goto handler
Feb 12 02:32:05: --- last message repeated 1 time ---
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2037 goto Exit
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
Feb 12 02:32:05 Dell kernel[0]: Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

And no sound!

Did all steps in #2 post but no go!

Don't have acces to AppleHDA.kext from 10.7.3 - but 10.7.2 should do just the same, right?

Help?!
Thanks!

P.S.
Could you send me materials or links explaining ATI (Shrike, Peregrine,..) connection table (what part of hex code is for what)?

Bye
Mario

It should work with any Lion AppleHDA.kext

Regarding ATI, you need to read these threads. Both are related with each other:-
bcc9's guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=249642
mucha's guide: http://www.insanelym...howtopic=252061

BobNL131

BobNL131

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Do you guys have any issues with the screen not waking up properly sometimes? When I close the screen (I have diabled all sleep related things since sleep doesn't work) but sometimes when I open up the screen again it doesn't wake (I don't know if it's just the screen that freezes or if it's the entire laptop).

Also I have a feeling that the laptop runs hotter with OS X than with Windows, do you guys have that too?

Everything else is running fine with Crowebster's kexts, well except Wifi which sometimes requires a reboot to get it to work but I guess you can't have everything. :)

EDIT: BTW, QE/CI support is buggy for me, I accidentally opend up Chess and the computer completely froze, after that I tried CoD4, which froze as well, Silverlight websites don't load, even with hardware acceleration disabled, do you guys have the same issues?

crowebster

crowebster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi!
Yes I also noticed that problems.
My guess is that our ATI doesn't support OpenCL and OpenGL 3.0 (and up) which some applications require
OpenGL Extensions Viewer showed some info and some tests froze laptop
Chess does it too
Some OpenGL sample apps from Xcode also

It does runs hot. Just for Safari browsing (of this forum) mine goes form 67 to 75 degrees C

Regarding sleep/wake when lid closed display is still on and stays on
It goes in power saving mode (set in Energy Preferences) after 10 min but it stays on (except that Screen Saver doesn't move - frozez) but on key down or mouse button press it restores to desktop fine

Still more work but I am satisfied for now

Bye
Mario

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
I can confirm QE/CI problem. I will try to use 10.6.7 ATI kexts & will let you guys know later. If it is unsuccessful too, I think I will wipe out OS X & just use windows. I don't have problem if I use eGPU but I also would like internal LCD support. I can run Chess using eGPU without any problem.

I can run OpenGL Extension Viewer test using internal LCD (not using eGPU) without any problem though.

Attached Files

Jay-J

Jay-J

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know i'm kind of late, but good work kiz. I got everything to work according to your guide (but had to change a few things). Everything works for me except for the few known problems. (Sleep, OpenGL 3.0 and the temps are kind of high. Have to sit it on a 16" fan to keep it at 55-60 degrees, Cinebench runs it to 99 degrees. Feel like I'm going to fry this laptop one day.)

My iHack Studio X 1557 Specs (Lion 10.7.3)
Intel Core i7 720QM
6GB DDR3 1333Mhz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 512MB
Dell Wireless 1397 (BCM4312)
Seagate 320GB HDD
WLED 1920x1080 15.6"
Dell 968w AIO Printer (never thought i would get my printer to work)

Boombeng

Boombeng

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Hello Kizwan,

Thx for this great finds, and specially about the eGPU! I didn't know we could use an external gpu through ExpressCard slot, i want to try !

cheers

nark0

nark0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Somebody can say me where can i download the file kabyllionv4.diff im searching in the post but i dont know where can i download.... the file for patch im noob about hackintosh but i have working a lot of hours my computer is a dell 1557 i7 hdd 320 gb , 4 gb ram ddr33 and graphic HD 4570 im spanish but i talk some english thank you very much

BobNL131

BobNL131

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Somebody can say me where can i download the file kabyllionv4.diff im searching in the post but i dont know where can i download.... the file for patch im noob about hackintosh but i have working a lot of hours my computer is a dell 1557 i7 hdd 320 gb , 4 gb ram ddr33 and graphic HD 4570 im spanish but i talk some english thank you very much

It's in this post: http://forum.voodoop...pic,1890.0.html
But in order to see the files that are attached to the post you have to sign up.

nark0

nark0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Ahh i need to register tomorrow I try thank you very much friend

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
If anyone successfully getting sleep to work on this notebook please post here thank you. I already tried a couple of methods but they appeared doesn't work, unfortunately.

When checking in the log file, Lion does reported sleep is successful. However, immediately after the notebook is power off (entered to sleep/hibernate) it powered back on again but with blank screen & seems unresponsive. I can't remote access because ethernet card no longer have an IP or already stop working due to system crash. The log also doesn't contain any information why the system immediately wake-up after putting it to sleep.

crowebster

crowebster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hi kizwan!
I once managed to fix the sleep issue (I give up of OS X on Dell)
I dont remember well anymore, but I know you need to apply a patch in DSDT in the EHC1 and EHC2 devices (dont know if this is exactlly the correct one but it is something like that):

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x0f)
{
"device-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x3a, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00 //the values below
},
"AAPL,clock-id", // property needed for sleep support
Buffer (One)
{
0x0a
},

"built-in",
Buffer ()
{
0x00
},
"device_type", //not sure it is useful
Buffer (0x05)
{
"EHCI"
},
"AAPL,current-available",
0x04B0,
"AAPL,current-extra",
0x02BC,
"AAPL,current-in-sleep", // to solve a problem with sleep $
0x03E8,

Buffer (0x01)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}

Then you will have a sleep on power button -> Sleep, or Apple logo -> Sleep.
And if you wanna have a sleep on lid close you need to change back that 0 into 9 in ATI4600Controller (features bit) because system needs to recognize Dell screen as internal (but then you get wierd colours problem).

Try this and give us your results. Maybe you get something working
Good luck
Bye
Mario

Oh, yes!
I could not wake the system with touchpad or keyboard but only with lid up or power button.
After wake I lost touchpad. Keyboard worked fine.

Edited by crowebster, 27 April 2012 - 08:32 AM.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
Hi crowebster,

Thank you very much. After added the code in DSDT (EHC1 & EHC2), notebook able to enter sleep mode. However, when wake up, the monitor is blank & system not responsive. Do you remember how you fixed this?

crowebster

crowebster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
there is also a DSDT fix that goes in device M86 (graphics part)
dont remember any more
try reading threads about sleep, wake, DSDT fixes here on forum
this is how I found out

DSDT is the way to go but it is a HELL to understand it
good luck to you

koocho

koocho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:http://koocho.deviantart.com
Guide's working for me so far but I'm not able to install Lion with the prepared USB Stick, getting this error: "This copy of the Install Mac OS X Lion application is damaged..." Followed your guide exactly, all files were at the right place - tried it twice now using the original 10.7 release from appstore. :(

EDIT: Ignore the specs in my sig, not trying to install on that pc with the guide ;)

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
If you double click the Lion installer in the prepared USB stick, it will throw that error. You should boot with the prepared USB stick to install Lion.

Basically, there are two ways to install Lion:-
1. If you already have Snow Leopard 10.6.6 - 10.6.8, to install Lion, just need to launch the installer from original DMG file.
2. Install Lion using the prepared USB stick - boot the notebook with it. This USB stick is useful if you want to re-install Lion later.

koocho

koocho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Actually that's the way I tried it, booting with the USB stick - the bootloader starts, I select the prepared USB which boots as it should. From there on I can format the HDD with diskutil. But when I select "Install new Lion" in the last step I get the error.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
Hmmm... The installer doesn't try to install at all? That's strange. Can you try different USB stick?

koocho

koocho

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
I know what went wrong, forgot to copy the packages folder

After the restoration, open the restored partition, navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, Packages.
Open Terminal and run the command:
open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages
Copy the files to the Packages folder created previously.

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • 1,422 posts
Ops! I didn't cover it in my guide, did I? Sorry. I'll add it later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy