NEED HELP with Asus Eee PC 1000HE!

RyanMac68040

4 posts in this topic

Sorry if the post was incomplete first time round - I just clicked to edit the tags when suddenly the thread posted itself. Anyways:

Hi Hackintoshers! I'm new here, and I would appreciate it if you could give me some help. I have an Asus Eee PC 1000HE with 2GB of RAM and Windows XP SP3, and I'm ready to give it a try with Snow Leopard, but I have neither a real Mac nor a retail installation DVD. I tried to make a virtual machine in VirtualBox with Hazard's 10.6.6 distro on my Dell Inspiron 6400 (also with 2GB of RAM), but it crashed with a double kernel panic barely a tenth of the way through the installation process. After that, I tried installing iDeneb 1.4 (Leopard 10.5.6) on the Asus, following an Internet guide that used no USB drives or DVDs whatsoever (mind you, it was for the 1000H), but it got stuck at the Apple logo every time I did post-installation booting attempts.

I would be very grateful if someone could provide some guidance on how I can install Snow Leopard on my 1000HE with neither a real Mac nor a retail installation DVD!

Sincerely,

Ryan

I can't really help much as I used both a retail DVD and my main 'MAC' to get Snow installed on my girlfriends netbook (practically identical to yours).

Follow a similar process you used when you tried iDeneb 1.4 (but use a more recent version to get Snow Leopard).

After you install, boot in verbose mode (type -v at chameleon/whatever boot loader it uses) and post the output if it panics (taking a photo is the easiest way).

Or you could look into NetbookInstaller, it may be easier (I didn't use it but I have heard good things about it)

Follow a similar process you used when you tried iDeneb 1.4 (but use a more recent version to get Snow Leopard).

After you install, boot in verbose mode (type -v at chameleon/whatever boot loader it uses) and post the output if it panics (taking a photo is the easiest way).

The latest version of iDeneb I can find is 1.6 (Leopard 10.5.8). Is that the one? Thanks for the reply!

Ryan