Erase a Windows 7 NTFS Partition without erasing OSx86 Partition (Now resize osx MBR HFS+ partition)

Windows 7 NTFS Partition without erasing OSx86 apple erase

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

rbreslow

rbreslow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

I have a problem. I think, actually I know I have busted my Windows 7 OS on my computer. I do not care for Windows anymore more however and, would like to erase Windows's NTFS partition and, have OSx86 on the whole Hard Drive. My problem is Disk Utility can not erase it without, erasing the whole drive. I do not want to erase the whole drive. I have of course, my files on it and, it is very hard to get OSx86 to run on a 2.8GHz AMD Sempron :). I am not sure what the best approach to do this is. I assume Gparted can do this but its better to be safe then sorry and ask Professionals.

At the end of this I was hoping as well to have my bootloader to actually do its job when I turn my computer on. I have to use a boot cd to boot in to my Chimera Bootloader. This I believe is because of my corrupted windows however. Before this it used to just give me a "Memory Allocation Error" which I just had to unplug my usb cables to fix.

If you can help me on my Partition problem and, help me with my Memory Allocation Error that would be stupendous!

-RBRESLOW

PS: I have been up for two nights trying to fix this. I only post on forums as a last resort.
Thank you so much if you can help.

rbreslow

rbreslow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried GParted today. I erased my Windows 7 partition. I now have unallocated space (free space) or 77.7GB. I can not however make my HFS+ partition grow, only shrink! I looked at all the possibilities of this problem and discovered the my partition map is Master Boot Record.

I have no idea how my mackintosh is running, MBR not GUID. Aside from that miracle, I assume the only way to resize is to make the partition scheme (Map) GUID. The only problem with this is I lose all my data, and I have to re-hackintoshify my crappy AMD machine that I fine tuned Mac OS X to (It actually runs better on my crappy hardware then on my Macbook).

Any help would be appreciated on how to resize this.

Thanks so much,
-rbreslow

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 7, NTFS, Partition, without, erasing, OSx86, apple, erase

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy